Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Yeah, or you could be ketchup & mustard or other condiments !
    Everyone should post pics after Halloween!

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by CiderLogan View Post
    Marie -- what did you use for the Dorothy dress? My DD wants to be Dorothy, and I have found ruby slippers and can braid her hair with some bows, and she has a little dog that can be Toto, but I have no sewing skills and haven't found a cute ready-made dress. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
    I made it using a pattern.

Here is a website I checked out looking for a Toto costume (which I ended up making myself because I couldn't find one for an infant!).

http://www.wizardofozcostumes.com/dorothy_costumes.html

(and a warning - there are adult "Sexy" and "Super Sexy" costumes on the page. very disturbing - especially because Dorothy is 8-10 years old in the original books.)

HTH!

marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

I have made my sons' costumes in the past.

Older DS, I have made: panda, gingerbread man (totally the best costume ever) and then a pirate, last year.

For younger DS, I made him a parrot last year to match older DS.

This year, I just didn't feel like it and older DS will be wearing a dragon costume from Old Navy for 20-odd dollars. Younger DS will be an Old Navy frog that his brother wore for his 2nd Halloween.

I don't believe I've every saved any money making my own costumes. I am just not a frugal sewer. I like doing it, but with 2 kids and working and all... I'd rather use my time for other things this year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3