Okay, so I am definitely not one to enjoy baby wearing in general. My first hated the front carrier we had and truthfully, I didn't like it either, so we never used it much.

My dilemma is this: My 5 year old is starting pre-K this week at the same school she had pre-school in. They do many of the same field trips each year. For example, they will go to the apple orchard again this year, probably in the next couple of weeks. I have an 8 week old now as well. While he's pretty good natured, I don't see it going well when I have to carry him for an hour +, trudging through a wet apple orchard, trying to help pick and carry a bag of apples. (That was enough work without the newborn last year!) There are several times throughout the year that DS #2 will have to come with me and I will probably need some type of hands-free carrier.

What is an inexpensive, but very comfy for both of us, front carrier that is easy to use by myself and that I can get him in and on me quickly that will not make both of us die from heat exhaustion? (I'm not asking for much here, huh?)

Ideas? This won't be an everyday use thing.

Thanks,
Christina