Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I guess I also think of bikinis as being worn to shown off a great body. I would wonder why you felt the need to show off at a kids' swim lesson. Now I see that it could simply be a comfort issue. I hadn't really considered that before. The moms that wear bikinis at my pool have great bodies and I understand the desire to show them off.

Beth
    I think you'd be surprised about the moms at your pool. I doubt they're wearing bikinis only to "show off" their bodies. In my case, it's comfort all the way. I look like a dork in a one-piece and feel claustrophobic when I wear them. Either it fits my hips and is too loose on top, or fits my bust and tight as hell on my hips! I'm just disproportionately built. I also hate the feeling of wet swimsuit sticking to my belly (don't ask me, I have some kind of tactile sensitivity). I find bikinis are way more comfy and athletic. They're just swimsuits, in my opinion Why would I want to wear one at a kid's swim lesson? To avoid having to purchase a one-piece for the occasion. Simple.

(I wore a bikini when 6 months pregnant in Hawaii and no one looked at me twice! Saved me from having to invest in maternity swimwear!)

for Sandy Hook

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not sure if anyone suggested this yet (or would even suggest it), but I've seen moms wear t-shirts over their bathing suits in the swimming pool. That would be a cheap and easy way to cover up without having to buy a one-piece. I've done that before when in the pool with the girls prior to their swim lesson. FWIW, we live in the Peninsula Bay Area, and I wouldn't have a problem with a mom wearing a bikini in the pool, so long as it isn't a string or thong-like bikini.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

I'd say go for it!
    Last edited by bluestar2; 02-24-2010 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    Not sure if anyone suggested this yet (or would even suggest it), but I've seen moms wear t-shirts over their bathing suits in the swimming pool. That would be a cheap and easy way to cover up without having to buy a one-piece. I've done that before when in the pool with the girls prior to their swim lesson. FWIW, we live in the Peninsula Bay Area, and I wouldn't have a problem with a mom wearing a bikini in the pool, so long as it isn't a string or thong-like bikini.
    Our pools don't even allow wet t-shirts for hygene reasons. Swimsuits only please. I wouldn't want to be in a wet, clingy, heavy, clumsy feeling t-shirt and don't see why you would need to cover up at a pool. I am not bikini ready at this point so don't have to worry about it on a personal level, but have seen some very cute string bikinis that looked cute and great on the owners.

I'm very short waisted and 1 pieces are miserable to fit on me. I find that a lot of athletic "tankinis" provide more coverage than a 1 piece!

When out in public & needing to be "mommy-like" I wear a tankini that has a skirt and long tank. No tummy showing, minimal cleavage, skirt goes over the thigh.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I am all torso and one piece suits pull at my shoulders and seat something crazy. I am NOT bikini ready, so I wear a tankini. I would not go to swimming lessons with baby in a tiny string bikini ever but a modest 2 piece, I think it is a-ok.

I see moms here in 1 pc and 2 pc suits. Tankinis are popular. After more exercise and weight loss, I am looking forwards to tossing my boy short tankinis.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I second the tankini - love those!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5