My son's K class is doing different color snacks for each week (one day a week, a parent brings in a color themed snack for the entire class). He brought the sign up sheet home soon after he started class and I asked him which color he wanted me to make the snacks for his class. He chose purple (which I'm sure was because it's MY favorite color, and by extension, one of his favorite colors). I figured, awesome, I could easily do cupcakes with purple icing (it's a PM session class, after lunch). We went to back to school night and the teacher was talking to the whole class' parents about how she was mortified that one of the students brought in a cupcake for snack (single personal snack, not on a color snack day). So now I feel self-conscious ... I can't think of ANYTHING purple that would be considered healthy, other than a plum, and I just don't think that would work out with 20+ kindergardeners. Should I just forget about her remark and go with the purple icing cupcakes? I mean, it's supposed to be a FUN way to learn the colors. Fun = purple cupcakes!!!

PS: Now, I'm paranoid about what she thinks about my kid's snack every day. He's very picky and will want the same thing for two months straight (very much my kid). And he hates fruit or veggies (so not my kid), so his snack is usually a pack of cookies or 100 calorie cakesters or chocolate chip mini muffins, or something like that, with a Klean Kanteen of water.