infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anniversary gift for a practical DH

8 years next week....where did the years go? DH is very practical so he would be thrilled with a random power tool or something for his truck but I have no idea what to get him. I am also considering two other options and I am wondering if they could be lame....

Seinfeld DVD set (the entire series)---We love this show
    Three months of individual vitamin packs built to his specifications (he works out least 5 days a week)

The way I see it..both say 'I love of you' but in different ways. With the DVD's we would laugh together/spend time sitting side by side enjoying each other and the vitamins would be beneficial to his well being which he (and I) care a great deal about.

Sucky ideas? Let me have it.

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I think the vitamins seem very personal and probably something he wouldn't splurge on for himself. I think those sound like a great idea.

My Dh is the same. I have given him the entire Seinfeld series and he loved it.

He said the best gift I have ever given him though is the Keurig coffee maker!

Ann

I always go for tools.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

You guys are killin me...one vote for each? I suppose I am happy that no one said they are bad ideas

I'll break the tie and vote for Seinfeld
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My eight-year anniversary is next week too! Is yours the 22nd also? I have the same problem with DH. I had also considered a DVD set of a TV series, so I obviously think it's a good idea. I really need to get on the ball with this...
    Mommy to
    DD1 (12/06)
    DS (6/08)
    DD2 (10/11)

TonFirst is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

(I'm laughing to myself over here because the combination of anniversary gift talk and "Seinfeld" talk makes me think of Larry David's 10th anniversary gift from his wife on "Curb Your Enthusiasm." Which is not a gift I recommend, by the way.)

Quote Originally Posted by nrp View Post
    My eight-year anniversary is next week too! Is yours the 22nd also? I have the same problem with DH. I had also considered a DVD set of a TV series, so I obviously think it's a good idea. I really need to get on the ball with this...
    21st for us...we went for the Friday wedding.