Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Baptism gift from Grandparents

What did your child receive from his/her Grandparents as Baptism/Christening gift?

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think my in laws gave DD a check (that is their choice gift) and they came to visit, which was nice because they don't come and visit much. My parents I honestly can't remember. My mom doesn't like to give checks if she can avoid it, and I do remember DD getting a silver feeding spoon around the same time, but I don't remember if that was it or not. I never expected anything in the way of gifts. DD was 5 mos. old when we baptized her.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

A card. We dont do baptism we do a dedication.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Nothing.

my baby got nothing, from parents, grandparents, or friends, for his dedication. Its just not a gift-giving occasion for us.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

MIL gave us a check.

My mom gave us an engraved sterling cup with their name and date of birth and possibly some money, I can't remember.

My dad...I don't think he gave anything. He did come to DS1's but not to DS2's. He is a long story, but he's not religious so I didn't really expect anything to be honest.

Not what you asked, but I usually give a check and a children's religious book.
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

Default Hard to remember

I think we have received crosses for their walls and bibles. We always receive religious gifts for religious occassions. We don't do checks yet.

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Nothing. But the grandparents hardly even give birthday presents either. Don't get me started.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

Glizmo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My grandparents gave all their grandchildren their own wall crucifix at baptism and my parents are continuing the tradition. They also give a savings bond.
    Liz

DD1 5/08 "Little bug"
    DD2 10/10 "Little bee"

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Nothing from the in-laws. My parents framed (from target) a picture from that day with the church announcement.

my parents did a check (not a huge amount), a wooden rosary "church toy", and a nice bracelet with a religious medalion, and a book (also some really sweet booties for her to wear with her gown/bonnet)

ILs did a little cross pin, a handknit by MIL blanket, and ....gosh, i can't really remember.. some knicknacky stuff? sometimes it starts bleeding together. i can't remember if they gave a check or not.

my SIL, lu' s godmother, gave lucy a beautiful gold cross pendant on a gold chain-- very delicate and sweet.

jewelry seemed to be the dominant gift. i didn't expect lu's christening to be a gift giving occasion. i would really have loved for all her grandparents to COME to the christening, but it just didn't work out that way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast