Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can I buy just ONE bitty "twin"?

This whole thing is making me feel very stupid. Yes, I realize they are called "Bitty Twins" BUT. . .

I'm planning for Christmas already and based on a lot of opinions here, I would like to get DD a Bitty doll. But she does not dig "baby" dolls. She wants ones with hair. I wanted to get her a Bitty Twin girl doll--just not two of them. Is there anyway to just get one?

Or is the just one big ploy to make sure that parents have to sink a world of money into this sort of thing?!?!?!?!?!?!

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I bought two Bitty Twins last year and gave one to each girl. Could you split the set with a friend or relative?
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You could split an order with someone. The Bitty twin boys are one of the nicer toddler boy dolls available and I know a lot of moms with boys want one for their son but like you don't want a set of dolls (cost, space etc).

Or you could buy a set and use one of the dolls as a super gift to a close relative's or friend's child.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

HA! I actually know the answer to this!

YES - you can buy a single bitty twin AT the store (at least I know you can in NYC) or via the store concierge if you are not there in person. My mother called me when she stopped into the store and wanted to buy the boy bitty baby for ds (who couldn't have cared less). She was sad not to get it, but happy that she got the concierge's card, so she could purchase later!
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

Toba is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A few years ago, a few BBB posters got together and bought Bitty Twins and split them up. I don't know if this is a yearly thing, but it was before Christmas. Another poster bought the twins and a few outfits and I paid her half (she got the girl, I got the boy). There were a couple of other posters that did it too. I too was looking for a doll for my son and wanted one with hair (plus I am raving American Girl fan). It worked out very well.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You can definitely do that at an AG store.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You definitely can at the store, but I don't know about on-line. The answer used to be no.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

You can also buy one at the Atlanta store. If you can't find someone to split with, I bet you could find one on Ebay.

We bought the Bitty Twins for the girls on our Atlanta trip about a month ago, and they really are getting a lot of play.

I was going to call the store about this - it's so hard to find nice looking African-American boy dolls and I think this may be a good gift for DS2 pre-new baby. Glad to know I can do it.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

This is what I read: "Because of the nature of the line and the marketing as twins, a single Bitty Twin is ot available through mail order or online. It is possible to purchase a single Bitty Twin at the stores and boutiques for a cost of $55."
    Melissa
    DS 09/00
    DD 03/03
    DD 08/05
    DS 12/09

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast