Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: shots

Default shots

For those of you who have chosen to get the flu shot and the H1N1 shot for your DCs -- would you let them get both shots on the same day?
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No, there has to be a gap between them from what I have read. I have heard 20 days between.

Beth

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    No, there has to be a gap between them from what I have read. I have heard 20 days between.

Beth
    That's if you do both intranasal. Shots can be given the same day.

I'd probably do it - if you wait, you might run into problems finding what you need since suppy of these vaxes is still unclear.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

let73 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

You can actually get the injectables(inactivated) on the same day, just not the mists(live) according to the CDC:

Can the seasonal vaccine and the 2009 H1N1 vaccine be given at the same time?
    Inactivated 2009 H1N1 vaccine can be administered at the same visit as any other vaccine, including pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. Live 2009 H1N1 vaccine can be administered at the same visit as any other live or inactivated vaccine EXCEPT seasonal live attenuated influenza vaccine.
    http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccinati...ion_qa_pub.htm
    DD 12/05

let73 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Hi Lori,
    I was researching when you posted too.
    DD 12/05

Thank you for the info. They are doing a free flu shot clinic in our town next week and I thought I'd just go get the whole family done at the same time. But was unsure if they could both be done for the kids.

Y'all always have great info! Thanks!!!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS got both of his the same day. They were both injections.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You can get two injectables on the same day. You can also get one nasal and one injectable.

You cannot get the two different nasal vaxes within 28 days of each other.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Yes, I would have had her get both on the same day if they were available at the same time. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for her. Oh well, what's a few more Dr visits in the scheme of things?
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

Yes, with the shortages of both going on, I would do both since it is approved medically. And FWIW, I got the H1N1 shot and my arm is not stiff or sore like the it was with the regular seasonal flu shot. I know I saw the shot, felt it go in, but after have not had the muscle ache that I had from the regular flu shot. My OB got it too and she said the same thing. My child who got it also has not complained at all about his arm and in the past, with other shots, he has commented on having a sore arm. So, at least it won't hurt more, though I know shots can have other side effects. (We have all been fine.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast