citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Looking for sparkly ballet flats for DD: what are Geox shoes like?

DD has been asking for sparkly ballet shoes and I figured I'd get her some good ones to wear everyday (not just for dress up). Does anyone have these Geox shoes (they're on sale on amazon.com), and do they run as narrow as they look?

DD has average width shoes, but once wore Stride Rite narrow shoes I has grabbed at a yard sale and had the worst blisters. I don't want to get anything too narrow.

Feedback on Geox or any other suggestions for sparkly ballet flats with good soles/support would be welcome!
    Last edited by citymama; 10-26-2009 at 03:38 PM.

for Sandy Hook

I don't know anything about Geox other than they are highly recommended on this board. My DD has a pair of "glitter ballerina shoes" (that's how she refers to them) that I bought her at Target. She loves them. She's had them for almost a year now and they've held up well.
    http://tinyurl.com/yjqu6e4
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Quote Originally Posted by new_mommy25 View Post
    I don't know anything about Geox other than they are highly recommended on this board. My DD has a pair of "glitter ballerina shoes" (that's how she refers to them) that I bought her at Target. She loves them. She's had them for almost a year now and they've held up well.
    Those are adorable - and less than $8! How come I haven't seen them at our Target? We need to make a trip there before Halloween so I'll look! Thanks!

for Sandy Hook

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    The other glitter ballet shoes are also in the ad this week for $9. http://weeklyad.target.com/target/de...ion=entryflash
    Woo-hoo! Target, here we come.

for Sandy Hook

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We get DD a pair or two from Target every year. She loves them!

Quote Originally Posted by new_mommy25 View Post
    My DD had those as well, but in silver. She loved them and wore them to death, but I don't think they have them at the B&M store anymore. We bought them at least a year ago, and they were on clearance at the time. I just bought her a pair of black sparkly shoes at Nordstrom Rack, they were Rachel brand I think. Cute, cheap, but not real comfy I was told .

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Geox is a GREAT brand! It's basically all DC wear. Width wise, the tennis shoes we get have run on the wide side. Both DC have wide feet, and Geox seems to fit them well. They'll probably be OK for your DD, but we've never even tried the ballet flat style.
    Sarah
    Mom to Alex (2002) and Catherine (2003)

"The challenge of parenting isn't shaping your kids to be what you want, it's shaping yourself to be what your kids need." - Wellyes