Question ISO: Mattress Pad for Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper

We're planning to purchase the Arm's Reach Mini Convertible Co-Sleeper tomorrow and would like to get a mattress pad as well.

Arm's Reach makes a Mattress Protector. Any feedback regarding it?

Any other recommendations for mattress pads/protectors that will fit the mini co-sleeper?

Based on suggestions here on the board, we're planning to use king-sized pillowcases as extra "sheets."

Thanks!
    ~ Becca

DS: 11/09
    DC: Arriving 12/11

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would get the larger one, then you can use it as a playpen/porta crib later. i have the larger one and use a waterproof pad I got at BRU- it came two in a package, and regular play yard sheets. I don't know how the mini is made but in order to secure the mattress to the bassinett you have have access to the straps on the bottom they would be covered if you used a pillowcase.

Also wanted to add that I think the price they are charging for the pad is crazy. I'm not that crazy about the sheet that came with co-sleeper, it attacts lint and pet hair. Two of my co-sleeper sheets I got at Walmart, baby connection brand, they were two for 9 bucks!
    Last edited by catsnkid; 10-28-2009 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catsnkid View Post
    I would get the larger one, then you can use it as a playpen/porta crib later. i have the larger one and use a waterproof pad I got at BRU- it came two in a package, and regular play yard sheets. I don't know how the mini is made but in order to secure the mattress to the bassinett you have have access to the straps on the bottom they would be covered if you used a pillowcase.

Also wanted to add that I think the price they are charging for the pad is crazy. I'm not that crazy about the sheet that came with co-sleeper, it attacts lint and pet hair. Two of my co-sleeper sheets I got at Walmart, baby connection brand, they were two for 9 bucks!
    Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, we have to go with the mini for space reasons.

It sounds like we may have to rethink the sheets (I'm wondering if I misread a post and the king pillowcase was recommended for a regular bassinet mattress rather than an arm's reach mini mattress). I'll reassess once the co-sleeper arrives.

Thanks again!
    ~ Becca

DS: 11/09
    DC: Arriving 12/11