elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anyone convert a Munire crib to a toddler bed?

I totally jinxed myself by responding to that poll on when you transitioned your baby to a toddler bed!
    DD climbed out this morning so I guess it's time we made the move to the toddler bed. I know we could try the crib tent but she is over 2.5 and at this point I think I would rather just make the move. (DH is all excited.)
    So my question is- does the rail for the toddler bed come in the conversion kit?
    We bought the conversion kit when we got the crib but DH says that it only includes the parts to make the crib into a full bed, not into the toddler bed.
    Do I need to buy a separate toddler rail?
    DD
    DS

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Can you try it without the rail (like a daybed)? DD moved to a twin bed at 2 yrs. 3 mos. and has been fine in one since. We did try a bed rail with the twin bed, and I couldn't get it to fit right so we opted not to use it. She has only tumbled out of bed three or four times in the last 16 mos. or so, which has been fine with me, but I know three or four too many for others so it's really your call. I'd hate to spend the money on the rail for a 2/1/2 year old if she may end up not needing it.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have the Munire Oxford crib and you just remove the front rail to convert it into a toddler bed. The conversion kit is to convert it to a full size bed. Call Munire and ask them to e-mail you the toddler bed conversion instructions. HTH.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

By the way, there is not toddler rail, you just remove the front of the crib. We used a pool noodle under the crib sheet so that DS would not fall out. The toddler bed thing did not work out for us too well, so now we have the full size bed for DS1.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

We have the Munire Essex and the toddler conversion was a separate kit from the full bed conversion. That said, you can just take the front rail off.
    DSD - 4/98
    DS - 3/01
    DD - 4/08