Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default How much do you spend on Teachers/Bus Drivers, etc., for Christmas?

Just curious as to how much you spend for Christmas gifts for your
    kids' teachers.

I have 7 gifts to buy-

*My son's 3 preschool teachers

*My son's speech therapist

*My daughter's teacher

*My daughter's bus driver and bus monitor
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I spend about 25-30 dollars per school teacher and about 10-15 dollars for extracurricullar teachers (dance, skating, swim, etc.)

I have my daughters two teachers and her dance teacher so far for this year so that's only three.

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I usually spend between $15-20 per teacher, depending how much I like them and what I can find. If there is a group gift I just do that. I have given customizable stamps, Starbucks gc's, and B&N gc's. I usually do $15 for the gift cards. If there is an assistant I like I may give a small token gift like chocolates or ornament. And always a card made by kids and note from me.

Last year the bus drivers got $5 or $10 Dunkin Donut gc's. I gave more to the kindy bus driver since she really put in an extra effort with the little kids. I will do the same this year.

When DS was in speech I gave the same thing I bought for the teachers to her. If he (hopefully) starts up speech again I will do the same. I may do a bit less since the time spent is much more limited in elementary school then when going during preschool. Right now DS sees an aide for 1/2 hour weekly plus two 15 minute push-in sessions for reading help. I think she will get one of the $10 magazine gift subscriptions I bought from the PTO fund raiser.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Main teacher- about $20
    aides and specials- $5-10 (usually $5)
    bus driver- $10 (but depends on the driver. No plans to do a gift this year)

Beth

Elilly is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hmm... I guess I'm cheap, because I usually do 10-15 each!

almostamom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It depends on the teacher. For private speech and OT I spend $20-25, and for his other teachers, aides, and therapists at public school around $15-20 (there are 5 of them). DS has had one particular teacher for 3 years that we are very close to, and I spend $50 - $75 on her.

Linda

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Elilly View Post
    Hmm... I guess I'm cheap, because I usually do 10-15 each!
    I'm in the cheap club, too. With several kids, it really adds up and our budget is very tight this year.
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I spent $20 on Dd1's K teacher and will go that again at the end of the year. Already have my gifts chosen for her from Etsy. Dd2 does a little toddler class but I'm not doing a gift for her...once a week for one hour and she kind of just coordinates the whole thing....we stay the whole class.