mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Best Diapers for a heavy wetter

I've been using Pampers (Swaddlers, now Cruisers) for DD2 since birth with no issues. I used these with DD1 the whole time she was in diapers, with no issues.

DD2 (almost 10 months) has been wetting through her diapers lately. Mostly out the back. I went up a size and the problem seemed to be corrected. Then, on Monday and again today around noon, we had leaky diaper incidents, and I notice it was leaking out near her legs. Today she had pooped too, which caused a huge mess.

Can anyone reccommend a disposable diaper for a heavy wetter that is 10 months old? I think I may need something that is more snug around the thighs. I'm trying to avoid buying too many and not having any luck. I've always had goodluck with pampers, but they just don't seem to be working for us anymore. Any advice is appreciated

Pampers recently changed their Cruisers and all the reviewers say the new "unimproved" ones are terrible. Does yours still have the mesh lining inside? I heard they did away with that and now the padding does not go all the way up anymore on the back (inside) of the diaper. I made sure I stocked up on all the older Cruisers when I head of this change.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

You can do a search; there were some recent threads on "overnight" diapers, and people's recommendations. Your heavy wetter definitely need the overnights (even during the day). Huggies Overnights are by far my favorites; the most absorbent of any that I've tried (and I've tried them all.) But I do like the new Fisher-Price overnights as well (in the blue package) -- they aren't as absorbent (we've had maybe 1 or 2 overnight leaks with them, and we've never ever had leaks with Huggies Overnights), but they're still pretty good, unscented, and a whole lot cheaper than Huggies (plus coupons are routinely available).

IMHO, Pampers Baby-dry are more absorbent than Cruisers. I don't get the whole hype about Cruisers at all.

HTH!

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Huggies and huggies overnights have more elastic around the legs.

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Have used Huggie Overnights- they are great!

mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thank you so much everyone!!!! I went out after DH got home last night and bought Huggies Overnights, and she woke up this morning with nice dry pajamas. I'm using them right now too, because they do fit her better near the legs than the pampers seem too. Hopefully our problem is solved!!!!!