Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default ISO Best price on Calico Critters and accessories

My son discovered these today and they are so cute. They are so expensive though!

my child is OBSESSED with the calico critters dollhouse at a local toy store. she has been for about 9 months (maybe longer) and she's only 22 months old! we also have a little calico critters train and two bunny babies... she plays with it nearly every day. i don't know why. i mean, they are cute...but really? of all the things she has, i would have NEVER guess she'd be so into the calico critter train the toy store owner GAVE us because my child was so so OBSESSED with it.

we haven't gone full speed ahead yet because of lu's age, but i have been keeping my eye on prices. in my experience, these don't really go on sale. kidsurplus.com had some a while back that was pretty heavily discounted because it was being discontinued-- you might keep your eye on that site (but that might be a cyclic thing and only happen occasionally? not sure) www.liveandlearn.com is a very old, reputable ONLY online toy store based in maryland that has a good selection of calico critters that seem pretty reasonable...they also sometimes run promotions where you buy a certain amount and get a little extra thing free.

i'm sure that other bargain hunters might have tips-- i hope they prove my "no sale" idea wrong! then i'll stock up for next year. (i think that next year we're going to hit up the grands for this stuff--we'll go all out because lu's birthday is the 23rd so it's a combo holiday and hence she has a big influx of gifts...)

I have seen lots of the Calico Critters discounted at TJ Max if you have one of those near you.
    HTH, Jackie

They are pretty hard to fing on sale. We had a local toy store that went out of business 2 years ago and they were all 50 % off. I loaded up!

Learning Express carries them and they send out coupons. Other than that, I have bought a few sets on Ebay.

Ann

Start stalking TJMaxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods. They're about 50% off if you can find them there. I got a bunch for my friend's daughter last Christmas.

i've never seen them at TJMaxx... i don't typically go to marshalls, but the few times i have i haven't seen them. does anyone know if it's seasonal them being at one of those places? we don't have homegoods nearby (i think i need to look that up, they seem to get lots of good stuff!)

also- how much of a discount is it? when we start "collecting" in earnest, i think part of the fun is getting to pick certain things... we don't need EVERYTHING, so i'm wary of just picking up random pieces here and there.

Thanks guys. Unfortunately the Marshalls and TJ Maxxes around here never carry the good stuff like Volos, etc. I'll check it out but I doubt it.

i have also seen calico critters at tj and marshal's in the past month. mine have sold out of what they had by now probably. the times i have seen them that have been sort of hidden in the toys, on bottom shelves, etc. i have found the wedding car with bride and groom, some sets of grandparents and set of 2 kids. so, i have a family of animals, but they are all different species they were all about 50% off of retail prices. ( this i why i shop for christmas all year instead of waiting until november)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I just saw some at TJ Maxx also. The toys are so jumbled it's hard to find the good stuff but I did see some.

If you happen to have a Land of Nod's outlet nearby, they have one of the family's and a kitchen set. They are about 50% off. I also wait for Learning express coupons and on very rare occasions I've found something at Marshalls.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast