Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default What are YOU wearing for the holidays?

I've finally gotten DDs squared away, and now I need to figure out what I'm going to wear for the holidays. I was curious what everyone else had in mind as I'm lacking any ideas. I want something festive, with the potential to be re-worn after the holidays. I mainly need something for Mass on Christmas Eve, and then something more casual for family gatherings. What will you be wearing?

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

For Christmas Eve I'll most likely be wearing this dress I bought from Japanese Weekend. It's super comfortable and I really like it. I'll most likely add some color to it somwhow with jewelry.
    http://www.japaneseweekend.com/mater...nity-dress.htm (the photo doesn't do it justice, it's a knit with a bit of texture, click on the zoom)

For Christmas day mass at 10 am and the other family gathering that evening I'll most likely wear some stretchy black pants and a long top (might get a new one).

DD will be wearing the black dress with white polka dots and a red bow from Gymboree's first holiday line (from the fall 09) with basic black Hanna Tights, and black Pediped Flex shoes.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This dress from Old Navy, but in a lighter grey:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...d=1&pid=675532

I was thinking about adding a belt at the bustline for a little more shaping and some color because I saw a neat looking one in the last White House/Black Market catalogue I received, but I'm not 100% committed to that idea.

In all likelihood, I'll accessorize with a necklace (have a multi-strand purple bead variable length one from Target that would do), black tights and my black Dansko Mary Janes.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

happy2bamom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was just at the Loft this weekend, in search of a festive outfit. I couldn't find anything that wasn't sleeveless or short sleeves. I don't get it. I live in Michigan. It's cold here! I tried a wrap with a dress that I really liked, but it gave the dress a frumpy look.

I need to find something by Friday for my husband's work party.
    Kelli
    Proud mama to Biggy & Redball

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This dress (I got it on sale or w/ a coupon months ago).

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/produc...d=1&pid=707744

I'll put a black crewneck or turtleneck underneath it and wear with black tights and knee high boots. I have a few different scarves I can put with it to add some color, too. Just need to be sure I've got my Spanx ready though because it is not very forgiving of my less-than-flat tummy!
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just wanted to say, once again, thanks BBB, for helping me think about this. I went from having no events besides the family Christmas gift exchange on Christmas day two weeks ago, to having three other events within four days. So I definitely need a plan for what to wear!

It's sad (as a Christian) that I almost never get to church for Christmas. We're usually not home at Christmas. When we are, it was hard to stay up that late (the event is half an hour away, starts around 9:30 and doesn't end until midnight) before kids. As a pregnant mom with a toddler, there's no way. I've been twice and really like it. But with young children, I'm guessing it will be a very long time before I can go again.

So my choices are very different from everyone else's on here. For the "immediate family" work Christmas lunch, I'm thinking my charcoal chenille maternity sweater and black slacks. (DD is going too, and she has a two piece, long sleeve red velour outfit with silver snowflakes and silver shoes she picked out herself.) It's just a catered lunch at the office, nothing fancy.

For the "extended family" work Christmas dinner, I'm thinking maybe my red maternity blouse and black slacks, if it's not too cold out and I get around to ironing it. Otherwise, I have a green blouse I just found that doesn't need ironing. (Nearly everyone else will be wearing their Christmas sweaters & slacks; mine does NOT cover the new baby, so it's not an option this year.) If DD comes with (not sure DH wants to watch her, and she went with me last time), either her red with snowflakes sweater or her pink chenille with snowman sweater. This is just Olive Garden, so again, nothing fancy. I know if I wore a dress, I'd be the only one.

And for Breakfast with Santa, probably just an old embroidered non-maternity dark green Christmas sweatshirt that I just discovered is long enough and big enough to cover my growing belly, with khakis. In part b/c DD has a dark green velour top with a reindeer and khakis that she can wear. Plus, that will be comfortable enough for playing with DD at the event, maybe going on a carriage ride, and then making the drive to my mom's house that same day. We've never done Breakfast with Santa before, but this one is held at the elementary school in DH's school system. I imagine it's very casual.

Usually I wear a sweater for Christmas day, but since this year it will be spent on the floor with DD and *five* dogs (mine, my brother's and my mom's) I'm going with the Christmas sweatshirt again, with jeans, I think.

Now, I have a plan, and can work to make sure everything is laundered and ready so I can avoid stress and enjoy my events. That's why I say, thanks again, BBB!
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Um, pajamas and/or track pants and one of DHs tshirts LOL! I'm 37wks 5d preggo so whether I'm still pregnant on Xmas Eve/Day or a new mom I'm a)not leaving the house and b)not caring what I look like. Who knew there'd be such benefits to having a holiday due date!

Actually I have 2 holiday gatherings to attend this weekend. One with friends and one with coworkers from my immediate department. Thankfully both are casual events to which I'll be sporting my comfy maternity jeans and a nice top.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MoJo View Post
    It's sad (as a Christian) that I almost never get to church for Christmas. We're usually not home at Christmas. When we are, it was hard to stay up that late (the event is half an hour away, starts around 9:30 and doesn't end until midnight) before kids. As a pregnant mom with a toddler, there's no way. I've been twice and really like it. But with young children, I'm guessing it will be a very long time before I can go again.
    Same boat here! DH was talking this morning about how our church should have a midnight candlelight service. He remembers going as a young adult and really enjoying it. I looked at him with a puzzled face. Like WHO do you know in our church would actually be able to go??? Besides the fact that we have a preschooler, a toddler, and an infant, there are always like 47 babies born in our church in a year. Last year we missed the service at BIL's church b/c DS1 puked all over himself in the car one mile away. When we're home, our service is at 5:30.

Anyway, to answer the OP, I'm hoping to wear the Hanna Flower Stories dress, even though I wore it for T'giving with the same families. Whatever. DD got the same one (to decide which of us would keep it) and she ripped the tags off herself. It's really nice on both of us, so I just may have to do it. Never saw myself as a "match with me" mom, but I'm willing to be giggled at once for the sake of my daughter's excitement.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post

Anyway, to answer the OP, I'm hoping to wear the Hanna Flower Stories dress, even though I wore it for T'giving with the same families. Whatever. DD got the same one (to decide which of us would keep it) and she ripped the tags off herself. It's really nice on both of us, so I just may have to do it. Never saw myself as a "match with me" mom, but I'm willing to be giggled at once for the sake of my daughter's excitement.
    How does your DD like the Flower Stories dress (I kind of like it for myself too)? I am already starting a list of what to get for next year (we don't need anything this year) for the after Christmas sale and wonder if I should go ahead and add it to my list.

Also I ended up going to Gap Maternity on Monday and got this really cute dress so I might wear that on Christmas day (now I just need some new boots):
    http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...d=1&pid=689705
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Jeans, my new purple sweater and Uggs. I hate dressing up.
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast