Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What is Target's return policy on seasonal clearance items?

I bought some ornaments after Christmas and am thinking I bought too many red ones. Can I return them later this week with my original receipt and get a full refund?

You get the current selling price. So if the seasonal stuff has dropped to 75% off, then you only get the 75% off price.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    You get the current selling price. So if the seasonal stuff has dropped to 75% off, then you only get the 75% off price.
    Really? I was under the impression that as long as you have your receipt you can return it and get the amount paid in the manner that one paid. I thought that the "current selling price" refund was only if you didn't have your receipt.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Quote Originally Posted by SASM View Post
    Really? I was under the impression that as long as you have your receipt you can return it and get the amount paid in the manner that one paid. I thought that the "current selling price" refund was only if you didn't have your receipt.
    I think that's true for clearance merchandise in general, but for the seasonal stuff (i.e. Halloween, Christmas) you get the current price.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I don't think so. I've returned Halloween candy WEEKS after Halloween and gotten the full price on the receipt. If you return without a receipt they will only give you something like the lowest price in the last 90 days (or something like that).
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Here's a link: http://www.target.com/Return-Refund-...&node=13685491

It says: Holiday and Seasonal Merchandise Refunds: Holiday and seasonal merchandise on clearance at the time of return will be refunded at the current clearance price.
    Kris

Interesting. Maybe I waited long enough after Halloween that it was no longer on clearance.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    Interesting. Maybe I waited long enough after Halloween that it was no longer on clearance.
    If you bought it full price, I think they may refund you full price, but if you bought on clearance, it is the current clearance price. I seem to remember it working that way even though the policy reads differently.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    If you bought it full price, I think they may refund you full price, but if you bought on clearance, it is the current clearance price. I seem to remember it working that way even though the policy reads differently.
    That might be it.
    Kris

I'm pretty sure I bought it on sale, but not on clearance. Actually, it was my MIL who bought it for me, just to make it extra confusing LOL! I returned it with her receipt and they put what she paid back on her card.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast