Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I was discussing preliminary pricing on a carpet for 2000 sq ft house that we are renting out (so not as good quality as you were looking at probably) and what you were quoted sounds expensive.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

tsem is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

We just had 128 sq YARDS of carpet installed by HD and it was $3100 (installed). This was for two rooms, an office area and up stairs (12). We had Smartstrand Carpeting (Mohawk) installed and LOVE it! I did the three quotes and they were the best price. I do have to say when you compare prices make sure you compare the exact same carpet and pad. It is actually very hard to do as each company calls their carpet something different. I love this carpeting!
    Traci

I agree with Debbie, take your bid to a mom and pop shop. I wouldn't even show it to them unless their bid does not come in signficantly less. If you do go with Lowes/Home Depot, get a 10% off coupon from ebay - they honor one anothers coupons.
    We also got Smartstrand to avoid offgassing. We love it and absolutely no "new carpet" smell.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have also used local companies for carpet and wood floor after HD was not competitive in price several times. I have had several friends that have had horrendous experiences w/ HD and Lowe's installers (it really comes down to luck of the draw). If you want a 10% off Lowe's coupon (HD accepts it too), they are normally available at the US Post Office in the moving packets.

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

That is $3/sq. That sounds reasonable to me. Especially if it includes installation.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2