Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Does Costco offer price adjustments?

I'm doubting they do but just thought Id check here. We bought an entertainment stand there over Christmas and today a $100 off coupon for that item came. It'd be nice to have a $100 back! If We could get it back to the store we could do it that way (return/ rebuy) but it weighs at least 200lbs and wouldn't be worth the effort.

Beth

My "return/rebuy" often doesn't have an item leave the store. For example, I bought a window air conditioner at Target and DH installed it - later the same air conditioner was on sale 50% off. I just bought the cheaper a/c and returned it using the first original receipt. I wheeled my cart directly from the check out lanes to the service desk to return it - never left the store. I would totally do that for $100.

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm not sure about a coupon, but yes, they do price adjustments, at least they did. LAST Christmas, I bought a toy, that reduced in price twice.

I never had my receipt so it was always some drama but they did do it for me.
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Depending on who is checking you out, they may not PA on the coupon, but as PP suggested, you can just buy a new one and return it on your old receipt. This was actually suggested to me by a Costco manager when I had the same issue with a camera a few weeks ago.
    Mommy to
    DD1 (12/06)
    DS (6/08)
    DD2 (10/11)

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nrp View Post
    Depending on who is checking you out, they may not PA on the coupon, but as PP suggested, you can just buy a new one and return it on your old receipt. This was actually suggested to me by a Costco manager when I had the same issue with a camera a few weeks ago.
    I am actually about to do this later on in the week. They say that you have to have a transaction for the item during the coupon week to get the discount, so I am hoping this works for me.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Costco does do price adjustments. My experience with them (and what I've been told by Costco) is that you generally have 30 days and you need to get the adjustment at the Costco in which you purchased the item. Not sure if different Costco personnel say different things, but that is what I was told at our local Costco.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    Costco does do price adjustments. My experience with them (and what I've been told by Costco) is that you generally have 30 days and you need to get the adjustment at the Costco in which you purchased the item. Not sure if different Costco personnel say different things, but that is what I was told at our local Costco.
    I was told the same thing at our local Costco during the last coupon run. I had purchased some PUR filters in Oct, then a $10 coupon showed up. I had to rebuy and return since my purchase was past the 30 day mark.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I'm doubting they do but just thought Id check here. We bought an entertainment stand there over Christmas and today a $100 off coupon for that item came. It'd be nice to have a $100 back! If We could get it back to the store we could do it that way (return/ rebuy) but it weighs at least 200lbs and wouldn't be worth the effort.

Beth
    We just bought that stand yesterday!! Really like it, too. Our Costco said they do price adjustments all the time so just bring in your receipt after the 7th.

Default Yes, they do

Yup. I've done it on Nestle Chocolate Chips...bought them one week, next week a coupon for $2 off came out. Just bring in your receipt.

conniez is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would call them & verify. My local Costco said that all of the Costco's will be changing their policy & will no longer price adj. for items bought before the coupon comes out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast