Default Photo fixing help

I need to move a person in a photo... I know this is possible, but how is it done? It is a family photo and the photographer told me stand so far away from DH bec. he said that bec. I am so much shorter than him- it'll look better.... It certainly does not!
    So, I want to move myself over closer to him somehow.
    Any tips? Programs? Or offers????
    TIA

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

DH has done that in Photoshop Elements. But, to move a person, you'll have to replace the old you with the background of the photo. If it's a solid color, you might be able to match it well enough, but if it's a tree or something, it would be impossible for DH without another photo of just the background to use.
    Kris

Thanks. Can I email you what I have and your DH can see if he can do something? And how much would he charge?

Bump

Does anyone else have suggestions? Please? TIA

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MoeJoe View Post
    Thanks. Can I email you what I have and your DH can see if he can do something? And how much would he charge?
    I'm sorry, I didn't see this until now.

He isn't very good, in that it takes him a long time to do it, since he just does it when he has to, so he's doesn't want to do it for someone else. Sorry.

Maybe ask at a photography store?
    Kris

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You might try posting an alchemy request on Etsy to see if anyone is interested in doing it for you.

catpagmo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If it were me, I would tell the photographer you are not happy with the photo and ask for a re-shoot. If they can't/won't do a re-shoot, then they should know how to Photoshop it for you (if they are a professional photographer).
    DD 12/05
    DS 02/09

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by betpagmo View Post
    If it were me, I would tell the photographer you are not happy with the photo and ask for a re-shoot. If they can't/won't do a re-shoot, then they should know how to Photoshop it for you (if they are a professional photographer).
    With other stuff going on at home, i forgot all about this, so sorry for taking sooo long to reply...
    It was done at a family wedding, so I actually didn't pay anything for it and a re-shoot is not a feasable option. But, I'll ask around my neighborhood if s/o with Photoshop would be willing to work on it.

Thanks all for the suggestions!