Last night, Ds was crying, saying his thighs hurt. I figured it was growing pains, but they usually happen in his feet. This morning, he was crying hard that the backs of his knees hurt. He had no appetite for breakfast, threw up what little he ate 1/2 hour later, and had diarrehea for the rest of the day, and was very lethargic, slept a lot, etc. No fever. The peds office said it was prob a stomach virus. I'm just wondering about the leg pain thing. The nurse said kids can get leg pain when they're dehydrated, but it started last night and he had been drinking his reg amount of water that day.

This is what I read on one site:
"Joints may become inflamed as part of the body's generalized reaction to an infection. Infections may cause synovitis, or inflammation of the synovium (the lining tissue of a joint). Most often it is due to a virus, but in children there is always a concern that a bacterial infection is the cause."

and of course, this:
" Leg pain in children is a special situation. While most leg pain in children is not serious, there are times when the pain has a significant cause. These may include a joint infection causing hip pain, trauma causing damage to growth plates, and pain due to systemic illnesses like Henoch-Schonlein purpura, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, or rheumatic fever.
"Growing pains" are most likely due to muscle overuse, although they may be associated with a mild stretching as the muscles grow along with bone. "

So, I'm thinking the leg/knee pain was prob a reaction to the virus. Has anyone heard of this? From time to time, DS has strong pains in his feet/legs, but the ped said those are prob growing pains.