Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default WDW Crowds 1st week of Nov?

How are the crowds the 1st week of November? We're thinking of booking....hoping there will be free dining that week too! From what I've heard around here, it's a typically light week aside from all of the NJ families because NJ schools are closed most of that week!

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We went for a couple of days around Nov 13 or 14 in 2008. It wasn't Jersey Week. Crowds were light - I never saw a posted wait longer than 15 minutes - even the big rides in the middle of the day. (I didn't ride them, so I don't know how accurate the estimated waits were, but we walked on most of the rides we did go on). However, I will say that it still *felt* crowded, especially in MK. I can only imagine how it feels at a crowded time There seemed to be a lot of people walking around even though there were no waits for rides.

eta: it was still pretty warm out, too. We were in shorts and t-shirts and still pretty hot.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That's a good time to go. We were there last year at that time and it was very uncrowded. The one exception to that was the Magic Kingdom on 10/31, because that is the most popular Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Night.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Do you need to book this early? I've never planned that far ahead but we were thinking about going in Oct....yikes.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No, you don't need to book this early. In fact, Disney does not typically announce deals and specials closer to the time of stay. However, you can book and then apply a deal later if you are concerned.

For a high crowd level time, you do need to book earlier to get the best availability. But we booked in December for our January trip and there was plenty of availability.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    No, you don't need to book this early. In fact, Disney does not typically announce deals and specials closer to the time of stay. However, you can book and then apply a deal later if you are concerned.

For a high crowd level time, you do need to book earlier to get the best availability. But we booked in December for our January trip and there was plenty of availability.
    Thanks Beth!

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If you know you are interested in a certain date and want your choice of hotels, it can't hurt to book now and like Beth said, you can apply a deal later (like free dining!) . Also if you are interested in more popular dining locations, the ADR window is now back to 180 days so planning at least 6 months in advance is ideal for that.

Where are you thinking of staying?

November is one of the best times to go (as long as you hit it before Thanksgiving week.) Usually mild weather and not crowded at all. Have fun!
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
    If you know you are interested in a certain date and want your choice of hotels, it can't hurt to book now and like Beth said, you can apply a deal later (like free dining!) . Also if you are interested in more popular dining locations, the ADR window is now back to 180 days so planning at least 6 months in advance is ideal for that.

Yeah we have specific dates to coincide w/ school closures...and we prefer to stay at PO FQ. I did read (here!) that ADR's are now 180 days! Plus we'd be flying, so want to get the cheapest flight too (Jet blue hasn't released their Nov schedule yet). I did apply a code at the last minute before our last trip, even though it was just one night (before Disney Cruise) it did save us $$.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post

Especially if they offer free dining - you'll want to do your ADRs as soon as possible, imo. At least for the biggies (some of the character meals go quickly). I did book a few months out for our upcoming May trip, but only because I had received a pin and I was worried they'd run out of rooms at my rate. (I shouldn't have worried, I think was the same or close to the same deal they ended up offering the public a little later).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast