Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pig for a boy?

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default pig for a boy?

I am aware this is a ridiculous question, but I also know that I am very laid back about these things, so i wanted your feedback..

Is it okay to give a stuffed light pink pig puppet to a boy twin? I bought a blue hippo for the other one, but since I need to give two, should I give two of the blue hippo or a hippo and a pig? Those are the only two choices

I would give two blue hippos, but not because I think there is anything wrong with a pink pig for a boy. I'm just picturing fights over one or the other and figure exactly the same solves that problem. But maybe moms of twins have a different view?

Catherine

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Depends on how old the boy is, but if under 4, I would think he'd love it!

for Sandy Hook

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I forgot to mention that they are puppets!

DS is 2 1/2 and has a stuffed pig. It's actually a pink cow (had to read the tag to find that out!), but he thinks it's a pig because it's pink. He loves it. He's very into animals, and having a stuffed toy to match to all the animal pictures in those board books that are full of real-life animal pictures. Does that make sense? He has a pink flamingo too. Because flamingos are pink We're all about the realistic portrayal here.

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

What other color would a pig be? It's realistic to be pink. I know there are pigs in different colors, but the stereotypical color is pink so rather than worry about it being pink, I'd point out its realistic. A blue pig would be silly (blue ox is one thing, blue pig?)

I've never given gifts to twins before (huh, weird) so I don't know if the matchy matchy is prefered or not.

eta: not implying twins are weird, I meant it's kind of weird I've only known a few sets of twins.
    Last edited by rlu; 03-04-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: eta: sentiment not clear
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Totally ok, imo!
    Beth

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agee with the PP's who say that since a pig is normally pink, it's ok. If it was a pink dog or a pink lion it might be different. But pigs *are* pink (well basically!).

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I think the pig is fine and since they are puppets I would not give them both the same.

i would definitely give the hippo to one and the pig to the other. they will play with them together and it might be fun to use two different animals.
    neeley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast