infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default QUICK!! What should I put in this Leprechaun trap or leave it alone

Dd just rigged up a 'leprechaun trap' complete with $1.50 and handwritten note wishing him a happy St. Pats day. She is outside playing right now and I have no idea what to put in this trap. She says she wants to catch one and find out where his gold is so she can buy a horse. Should I just leave it alone?
    Last edited by infomama; 03-17-2010 at 03:29 PM.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Well, I'm playing along. DS made a leprechaun trap last night to take to school, they are having a St. Patrick's Day party. I ran out last night and got a couple of bags of chocolate coins. The teacher is going to have DS set the trap out in the playground, and when they go back to check, the coins will be underneath. I checked with her and she said they're using their imaginations building traps, trying to find the leprechaun, so she's all for playing along.

Tonight we'll set the trap again, and I'm going to put some quarters under it for DS to find tomorrow.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm guessing that the reply might depend on what you have in your house! Our leprechaun left some chocolate coins, confetti and a Happy St. Patrick's Day teddy bear. I've seen similar bears at Party City!

I'd leave chocolate coins/unwrapped rolos/unwrapped hershey's mini bars and a note in the trap. Our note said something to the effect that it was a nice try, better luck catching me next year. It was written on a very small piece of tracing paper in green marker.

Does she think that the leprechaun will come like right NOW or do you have this evening to prepare?

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post
    Does she think that the leprechaun will come like right NOW or do you have this evening to prepare?
    She just came in and said she is going to keep it up tonight. I have some time.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Can you put in some green stuff? Like broccoli? Or do you grow fresh herbs, like maybe parsley? Some of that grows in clover-like. Maybe you can head to Walgreens and get some of their seasonal green or clover-shaped candy?
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.