Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default S/O: What is the Ugliest/Weirdest Thing in Your House?

Jenchem's pegasus mirror (sweet!) and Penny'spapa's JollyGreen Giat bathroom have inspired me....

What's the ugliest/weirdest thing in your home?

Giving this some thought as we speak....
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That would be DH...

Hmmm...nothing comes to mind. I'll have to take a walk around my house and report back.

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That's easy....our bizarre 1970's "rec room". These are some pictures that we took before we bought the house. Right now we use the room as an additional play space for DD so we are leaving it as is.....it is actually quite a conversation piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMal View Post
    That would be DH...

LOL!
    Our master bathroom has no door. It's an addition and it would be really cramped with a door I guess. I want to put a sliding door in some day.
    That is about the funkiest thing though. I felt like every house we looked at had something "funky" with it. Like a door that led to nowhere or something like that.

So there is a thread with pics of green bathrooms and such? I love threads with pictures.
    DD
    DS

It's not ugly, but it's weird. Our peninsula in the kitchen is actually a piece of furniture, like a sideboard I think, with a butcher block top attatched. I can tell what the previous owners were going for, but several of the drawers are super tiny, (maybe it's an apothecary cabinet?) like the size of a wire whisk. How practical The cabinet itself is also a little huge (too long). It looks fine if you're not actually trying to use it. But it could be such a better use of space.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lowrioh View Post
    That's easy....our bizarre 1970's "rec room". These are some pictures that we took before we bought the house. Right now we use the room as an additional play space for DD so we are leaving it as is.....it is actually quite a conversation piece.
    Psychedelic!
    DD
    DS

Are you Marsha or Jan?

That paint job is insane!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Lol, your rec room looks like roller skating rink!

Before we renovated the house, the ugliest thing was the star trek smoked glass looking lighting fixture in the dining room and the BRIGHT teal carpet and counters in the master bdrm.

Now the only, "ugly" thing left is the pink nightmare of the bathroom in the hallway that my THREE boys share (of course). Pink sink, toilet & bathtub, plus pink floor and pink paisley wallpaper. We bought this house before we had kids, ideally if I would have had all girls, I would have just left it as it it. However, it is like a cruel joke from the universe that we would end up with a house with a very pink bathroom and end up with all boys. DH is horrible about house projects and doing a bunch of them, but never completing most of them 100%. I call him Mr. 90% man. So, Mr. 90% man tore of some bits of the pink paisley wallpaper SEVEN years ago and since then hasn't done a single thing. He even bought paint, two yrs ago, but STILL hasn't done anything to that ugly bathroom.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We also have a built in barbecue grill in the kitchen and floor to ceiling smoked glass mirrors on either side of the bed in the master....

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well, I live in a new construction so the house itself is good. But the framed Yoda puzzle (courtesy of DHs bachelor days) does nothing for our bonus room decor!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast