Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Glasses to correct 20/40 vision in a 4 year old? UPDATED IN OP

thanks again everyone. I did take her to a ped. Opthamologist today. She agreed she was 20/40 and nearsighted but said she absolutely does not need glasses for kindergarten. We are to have her checked every year but it could be a few more years before she needs glasses. I am so glad I went with my gut and got a 2nd opinion.

I took DD to the eye doc today to get her vision tested for Kdgt. I was quite surprised when the doc told me she needed glasses. Her vision tested at 20/40 and she is nearsighted. It honestly doesn't sound all that bad to me. She at first said she would just need them to read the board at school, but then she said she should just wear them all the time to avoid losing them.

If DD needs them, then fine, but I am not convinced she really needs to be wearing glasses all day. And how much of reading from the board is she really doing in Kindergarten? i went to an optometrist and am wondering if I should follow up with a pediatric opthamologist.

Anyone have a child with a similar prescription and told they don't need glasses?
    Last edited by gordo; 04-24-2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Update