Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Toba is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default So, has anyone else read the extensive rumors about Verizon and Apple?

I'm a major Apple geek (DH too) and within the last two weeks there have been rumors EVERYWHERE that Verizon will be releasing the iPhone 4G in June. I hate AT&T and that is the only reason I won't switch.

(please be true, please be true, please be true)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsong View Post

(please be true, please be true, please be true)
    I haven't heard the rumors but I'm with you on this one. I've been dying for an iPhone but DH is a longtime Verizon customer and won't switch.
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

we're BIG apple fans here too, and did hear the same rumor. I heard summer 2010, but again, could be rumors.
    Mom to DD 7/06, DS1 8/08 & DS2 9/11!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I've been hearing rumors like that for a couple years now but it's louder than ever. I hope it's true. Everyone I know is on Verizon (except people who switched just to get an iphone). They'd make enormous $$$.

The exclusive AT&T relationship is great for AT&T but I have no idea how it's supposed to benefit Apple, so this would make so much sense *fingers crossed*.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

mom_hanna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I heard it on NPR, so I don't think it's a rumor. As for the release date, that may or may not be true. NPR didn't give a date, but did say 2011.

I'm also a huge Apple fan, but AT&T has NO 3G coverage in my area. They brag about their maps & coverage - but that's for phone coverage, not 3G. I finally broke down and got a Droid Eris (on Verizon) because it was time to get a smart phone. If the iPhone comes to Verizon this summer, I'll be heartbroken, because I'm locked into this contract for 2 years. Yes, I could just go out & buy the phone at full price, but I don't see me doing that.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

It is also in Wall Street Journal: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...601774892.html

No official word from Apple or Verizon but in cases like these it's usually safe to assume the anonymous source ("people briefed by the company") = reporter who was leaked info deliberately.

I'm starting to wonder if Droid was developed solely to scare Apple into doing this. I'm glad I didn't jump on that. My ipod touch is awesome and I'd upgrade to an iphone in a minute if Verizon made it an option.

ETA - crossposted with sunshine - don't be too too worried - I bet Verizon would have a switchover option.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think the Verizon iPhone is not going to be available until September but ATT will have the new iPhone in June.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

I'm another one holding out for the Verizion iPhone! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let the rumors be true!!
    Colleen
    Mom to 2 DS (5/'04 and 1/'09)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Another Verizon customer dying for an Iphone. PLEEEEAASSSEEE let this be true.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast