Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's gone now, but we had one wall that was the faux wood paneling in the kitchen and one in the family room. We got rid of them. We also have this funky built in that sits in an indent in the family room. It's big, it's ugly, but it fills a space (it's weird indent in the back of the room.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We've got some fun ones.

We used to have what I dubbed "The Crayola Bathrooms." One was all dark royal blue (tub, sink, floor, toilet). One was pink - toilet & sink were magenta, tub light pink, floor in here is aqua-teal with magenta and pink flecks - really. Half bath was forest green toilet and sink. We have since changed out ALL the toilets and sinks to nice, boring white.

We also have candelabra light fixtures throughout the house. If I were to count quickly, I'd have to say we still have 8, we have probably changed out 7 or so.

We also have weird transom windows that overlook the family room from a room on the 2nd floor (DD2's room - lovely), the guest room and from the finished man-room in the attic. So we had to put sound proofing and some kind of cover over DD2's so that she wouldn't be listening to us watch tv all the time!

By far the creepiest thing is the HUGE painting of DH's grandparents he & SIL had done for them about 25yrs ago - it's a knock off of American Gothic with their faces in it. Probably 3'x4'? It's GIANT, they are life-sized and I can't stand it!! Best part - they are Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    So there is a thread with pics of green bathrooms and such? I love threads with pictures.
    Well here's a couple of my green bathroom!

Anyone have a guess what that thing is in the lower left hand corner of the 2nd picture? First correct answer gets....bragging rights, woo-hoo!!!!

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
    --Dr. Seuss

Penelope Grace
    Born 02.25.2010

Quote Originally Posted by Penny's Pappa View Post

[
    Anyone have a guess what that thing is in the lower left hand corner of the 2nd picture? First correct answer gets....bragging rights, woo-hoo!!!!
    Laundry Chute!!! Am I right, am I right??

ETA: After looking at those pics I have the urge for avocados and limes. Looks like I need a marg & guac asap!!
    Last edited by Twoboos; 04-23-2010 at 05:55 PM.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH.

Just kidding.

Sorta...
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    Laundry Chute!!! Am I right, am I right?
    Bzzt! Wrong! Good guess though!

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
    --Dr. Seuss

Penelope Grace
    Born 02.25.2010

elektra is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is it a pull out trash can?

It actually reminds me of those bins you are supposed to throw your tampons in in public restrooms. Sorry if that's TMI Penny's Pappa!
    DD
    DS

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We saw a house that had a little door like that and it was a place for the gentlemen in the house to throw his old razor blades....your bathroom looks a little too modern for that though.

Bzzt! Wrong! Good guess though!
    OK, next guess is magazine rack. Which will crack me up if it's right!

We moved to a 4-year-old house last May that my in-laws bought. I donated everything I didn't want from my grad school days beforehand, so I'm pretty satisfied with my own stuff.

In-laws still live out of town, but have had long visits since their purchase. I say the things my MIL bring from her house are cramping my style! like the brocade toilet paper holder hanging on the half bathroom door, or the framed barnyard picture hanging by the stairway landing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast