View Poll Results: Would you consider laser hair removal?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Absolutely

41 85.42%
  • No, don't think it is safe

2 4.17%
  • Maybe, maybe in the future

5 10.42%

Default Would you do laser hair removal if

the money was not an issue.
    Wondering if it is worth it in the end.

A couple of my friends swear by lasering and I've considered it several times. I even posted on here once or twice. Call me ignorant, but I just haven't developed a comfortable understanding of how it works and why it's safe. I am still holding out that there may be some unknown side effect (like causes cancer) and it just hasn't been around long enough to know. Every time I researched laser hair removal I found nothing to confirm my suspicions. This isn't like me, but something jUst keeps holding me back.
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'd have voted "no, don't care that much either way". But I'd probably feel differently if I had to do mustache bleaching or anything like that.

I did get Lasik which is probably similar (though probably risker, too) and it was sooooooooo worth it.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would in a red hot New York minute. I've already had a tattoo removed via laser, so I'd be first in line to sign up.

I'd get my bikini area done, my legs done (down around my ankles it has started to come in coarse and dark. EEEeeewwww!) and my upper lip. Honestly, just on the inside of my nose to start with because those little hairs are so embarrassing and terribly painful to pluck.

Why??? Have you got a coupon?
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

A good friend of mine who had serious hair growing on her face used to do this and swore by it. She said the patches she had done didn't come back. But she said she HATED it because it was so painful. She only did a little of her skin each session.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I did this for my facial hair The thick hairs are gone! They haven't come back after a few years, so I think it's permanent. The finer hairs, however, are very hard to remove unless you have pale skin and dark hair (more contrast). This might have changed as the lasers are getting better. I would do it again in a minute, though I have to say that it hurt like crazy, even with the numbing cream. If you do it, schedule it for mid cycle (I try to do this for painful procedures as I'm less sensitive then).

That said, I think mine came back the first time I attempted it, as I got pregnant again and went through hormonal changes. After the second attempt, I was done with my pregnancies and the hair hasn't come back.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Heck ya, I was just thinking about this today! I'm half black and half mexican and I've always hated being hairy! If my hair wasn't so dark I probabably wouldn't mind. I'd do my bikini line, upper lip, sideburns (have hated them since I was a kid), stomach, armpits, and arms. I probably wouldn't do my legs since that's such a big area to cover. I had a roommate in college who had PCOS which caused excess hair growth. She came from a very well off family and had her face, sideburns, and back done our freshmen year. It looked great!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I have seen this one on the DOCTORS T.V show.

http://www.triabeauty.com/info/profe...FRGenAodwkByKA
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You should add another response for just "No". I wouldnt do it because I dont think its worth it. DH had it done and paid a ton and the hair hasnt gone away. He was supposedly an ideal candidate too since he is fair skinned with dark hair. I think its a waste of money.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008