Thread: Keekaroo Review

Thumbs up Keekaroo Review

I ordered the stroller from Amazon 3-17-10 and it arrived in record breaking time on 3-23! So far we love it. The material is very nice, far nicer than our previous Graco and the seat is well padded. DD loves sitting in it even though we haven't gotten it further than the living room. She can get in and out of it herself though she demands to be buckled up. She also enjoys filling and refilling the basket on the back. I love the roomy pocket on the shade back. I'll update once I have a road report.

Please feel free to ask questions.

The only thing I don't love is the recline mechanism but I do like it better than the Maclaren which I always thought was going to pinch my fingers.

Folded. It does have a carry handle.

DD seated. She is about 36" at 4 years and still has plenty of growth room.

Mom to two sweet girls: Defne 4/01 and Deniz 2/06

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

looks very nice! love the brown/pink

Is that the lilac mist? I'm thinking about it b/c we're going to Disney and this has a 55 lb weight limit. My almost 6 yr old is 58 lbs. We're thinking we need to have something she could possibly sit in if she gets tired. So, we'd probably take this, have 2 yr old DD sit in it most of the time (other than when walking), then 5 yr old DD can also sit in it. Later in the day or later in the week, we might take 2 strollers...

(LOL...DD1 was 36" at 2 yo) Do you know how much head room there would be with the canopy opened? (I'm thinking it would be nice to open it since we're going in July.) What are the wheels like compared to the Macs? From looking at the suspension aspect, it looks like it would compare to the Techno. Does it seem like it would push well with heavier weight in it?

Hope you're still liking it...I'm thinking of getting it!
    DD 8/04 and DD 4/08

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ooooh, thank you! Can you explain more about the recline? Is it a drawstring?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Ah, Keekaroo! Glad you like it. I'm a big fan...I don't think you can get a nicer stroller for the price (paying retail, of course!) the BJCM is my favorite stroller but the Karoo is a very close second.

Well, got any new info for us? How did the road test go?

Funda62, how has it been since you've been using it? Also, how much does it sit up straight? From looking at a comparison of the Karoo and Triumph on-line, it looked like the Karoo was reclined quite a bit (not sure if that was in recline position or as upright as it could be...) This will be for my DD2 who will be 2 yrs 3 months by then (and no more kids in the future.) So, definitely want it to sit upright pretty good...

Thanks so much for any info!
    DD 8/04 and DD 4/08

bumping to remind Funda to update!

I got the Keekaroo Karoo a couple weeks ago from overstock.com (you can easily get 10% off coupons and their shipping is 2.95, though I think I got free shipping... and I, mistakenly I think, also got bing $... so it ended up being $105 shipped!)

Anyways I really like it! So far it rides smooth, easy to open and close up, the basket is easier to get to than others (it has a "cross", but it's vertical rather than horizontal over the basket), the recline is easy to use-though I haven't used it while strolling. My DD is 2 yrs old so she doesn't recline much. My SIL took one for 2 wk trip with her 10 month old and she said it was great! Hope this helps!
    DD 8/04 and DD 4/08