Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Vista 2010 bumpy and rough

Greetings everyone,

I'm now a father with my DS arriving last Wednesday at 12:15AM. While we're not really having a need to put the Vista to use yet, I was getting a little more involved with it since it's basically just been in the nursery for the past few weeks.

When moving it around on the hardwoods, I noticed that it was really bumpy. Is this the way it's supposed to be? When trying the Vista 09 out at the local boutique, I don't remember it being like this. I tried pushing it just on the back wheels and then on the front wheels, and both are bumpy. I removed the wheels, put them back on, same. I switched the order of the wheels, same. Any thoughts?

For as much as I paid for this stroller, I would think it should be as smooth as what I could get for 25% of the price. It's otherwise a great stroller and I really want to keep it, but if this bumpiness is normal it's not likely to stay.

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

there was another thread about this a few days ago- the wheels on the vista are not air, they are a plastic/rubber so the ride is not the best. for a really smooth smooth ride you need air tires...gl!

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Congratulations! It should not be a bumpy ride. I would return it.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

My Vista is sooooo smooth indoors but yes it's a bit bumpier outdoors than something with air tires, but I think the trade-off is worth it for all the other things I wanted (reversible seat, huge basket).

You can see another thread I started recently about my Vista making rattling sounds. I think it's the handlebar "bouncing" around a little when I'm on rougher surfaces. Since it slides up and down, I think it's meant to be a little loose. I emailed CS about it and will let you know what they say.

I think the Bugaboo Cameleon would have been a smoother ride and I think I would have been just as happy with it, but there were a lot of features of the Vista that I preferred, including the price.
    Mom to DD 8/09

OP, look into the Mountain Buggy Swift with air tires and carrycot. I would do that one over a Vista if you want a smooth push with air tires but a manageable size.

http://www.diapers.com/Product/Searc...eryFrom=Search
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would contact UppaBaby. They have amazing CS.

the vista just will not be super smooth with those tires, nothing you can do to change it get air tires if you want a smoother ride outside!

Well, that's a bit disappointing. Sounds like a mix of replies though. I should return it since it's defective or I should get a new stroller

For what it's worth, I did do extensive research on it before purchasing. We played with the '09 model quite a few times and never noticed this (doesn't mean it wasn't there... just didn't pick up on it). I know inflatable tires are a smoother ride, but felt that the wife wouldn't be too keen on inflating them, especially if she just had to get somewhere quickly.

Researching a little more online it looks like quite a few folks are saying it's bumpy. Not really sure what to do really. I think I'll try to post a video so others can see...

I have two air tire stollers and I rarely have to fill up the tires. I just posted a review of the Swift in case you are interested. I would not be happy if I spent nearly $700 for a bumpy ride. Good luck.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

air tires are no mantinance at all imo- you inflate them maybe once every few months with normal use and have a much better ride for outside. if you're going to have to deal with the bulk of those big back wheels on the vista i would rather them be air at least!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast