Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Chicco Liteway vs. Maclaren Triumph

i'm in the market for an umbrella stroller for travel and to keep in the car. i went to bru today and tested the maclaren triumph and the chicco liteway. the chicco seemed really nice and it's only $115 on diapers.com (with 10% cashback on bing.com). does anyone have this stroller? thoughts?

the maclaren is 149 on diapers.com. alternatively i could get the 2008 quest for $159.

i have spent hours reading these boards and i'm going crazy!

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have not tried the Chicco but I so love the Triumph. Read the reviews on Strollerland @ lunch.com. Rave reviews! IMHO, the Triumph is THE perfect travel stroller.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I love the Liteway. It honestly has more features than the Triumph like an adjustable footrest and the basket transforms into a back pack, the recline is done with a lever not a strap (don't remember how the Triumph reclines) and lies almost flat, good for naps on the go. That and the wheels are single in the front, which I prefer. And the price. I find the Liteway more comparable with the Quest than with the Triumph. There was also a coupon that BRU had for $10 off of every $50 for strollers and carseats.

But, it's heavier than the Triumph and doesn't have a carry strap, just a handle, unlike the Triumph.

Triumph. The extra you pay now, you'll more than get back in resale later.

saw liteway at bru as well, and liked it. Handles well, has many useful features. My only concern - how sturdy it is. I know triumph can get a lot of abuse, but this one seems to start breaking down after a year or less. There are reviews on amazon.

bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm actually having the exact same dilemma right now after going to BRU. This is what I'm debating between:

Chicco:
    LOVE the almost full recline--we're going to be using our travel stroller at disney and this could be nice to have (and I might even be able to change LO diapers while she's in the stroller)! This is a def plus for me, as I hate using public changing tables.

Easier to recline (for me) than a Mac

It seems sturdier (and less tipsy), although I've read reviews of Macs and they seem to stand the test of time well

Love the fold. MUCH easier and faster for me to do with flip flops on (I had to practice while w/ the Mac with my flipflops).

Oh, and I can actaully get to the basket!

Mac Triumph:

Like the colors a lot better

LOVE that it's more lightweight

Pretty sure it would last a long time.

Maybe that doesn't help you much, but those are the main diff for me. I actually love the Chicco more except for the color and wish it were lighter. And if I was sure it would last while, than that would even be more convincing! But I'm still deciding. Actually I think I'm trying to talk myself into the Triumph! IDK. Decisions, decisions. Sorry to prob be no help!

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bw52 View Post
    Maybe that doesn't help you much, but those are the main diff for me. I actually love the Chicco more except for the color and wish it were lighter. And if I was sure it would last while, than that would even be more convincing! But I'm still deciding. Actually I think I'm trying to talk myself into the Triumph! IDK. Decisions, decisions. Sorry to prob be no help!

i feel the same way as you! my main concern is that it lasts a long time. for that reason i'm now looking at the quest but it's a lot more.

what about the inglesina trip? have you seen that in person?

I'm actually having the exact same dilemma right now after going to BRU. This is what I'm debating between:

Chicco:
    LOVE the almost full recline--we're going to be using our travel stroller at disney and this could be nice to have (and I might even be able to change LO diapers while she's in the stroller)! This is a def plus for me, as I hate using public changing tables.

Easier to recline (for me) than a Mac

It seems sturdier (and less tipsy), although I've read reviews of Macs and they seem to stand the test of time well

Love the fold. MUCH easier and faster for me to do with flip flops on (I had to practice while w/ the Mac with my flipflops).

Oh, and I can actaully get to the basket!

Mac Triumph:

Like the colors a lot better

LOVE that it's more lightweight

Pretty sure it would last a long time.

Have you seen the new colors for 2010? They four new one: Orion (all black), Romantic ( black and grey), Starlet (red and pink), and Surf (blue and yellow iirc?)
    Love the Liteway, but good thing about the Mac is the lifetime warranty, though. Hard decision! In the end the Liteway won over for me because of the price, I got it at BRU with a 20% coupon among other things and the extra weight didn't bother me too much. Loved the larger wheels too.

Just to throw this in there, have you thought about the Si?

I'm so not helping, sorry!

bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I haven't seen the Trip, but it's 20 lbs (that's what it says online), so that's too heavy for my lightweight stroller.

I haven't seen the Trip, but it's 20 lbs (that's what it says online), so that's too heavy for my lightweight stroller.
    I think they must mean the Zippy. The Trip is pretty light - I want to say it was like the Quest and Liteway when I looked at all of them IRL.
    Mom to DD 8/09

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast