Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lareigna View Post
    Have you seen the new colors for 2010? They four new one: Orion (all black), Romantic ( black and grey), Starlet (red and pink), and Surf (blue and yellow iirc?)
    Love the Liteway, but good thing about the Mac is the lifetime warranty, though. Hard decision! In the end the Liteway won over for me because of the price, I got it at BRU with a 20% coupon among other things and the extra weight didn't bother me too much. Loved the larger wheels too.

Just to throw this in there, have you thought about the Si?

I'm so not helping, sorry!

I saw all the color options and really didn't like them. Liked the Starlet the best--that's the one I played with, but I would really just prefer all red. I guess I don't like the 2 toned thing. Actually I'm considering Fuego if I got the Chicco, but haven't seen it IRL. I'm wondering if the red is orangish red (which I would hate) or red like on the Starlet. Anyone seen one IRL and know?

Has the Chicco held up well? How long have you had it? And have you travelled on a plane with it yet? I'm really leaning towards this one, but don't want it broken before we even get to disney!

bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
    I think they must mean the Zippy. The Trip is pretty light - I want to say it was like the Quest and Liteway when I looked at all of them IRL.

Oh. I guess I was looking at the shipping weight! Oops!

I considered the Trip, but haven't been able to see it IRL and it looks like it's too expensive. I was trying to stay under $100 and have slowly inched my way to $130 for a Triumph, but can't pay close to $200.

In case this stroller "walked off" at disney, I can't afford to be out that much. Or well, I would prob just not be able to be able to replace it and have to deal with no lightweight stroller or a long while.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Seriously love my Triumph. It was DD1's main stroller until really now (she just turned 4, we have a newborn, and got a Bob). It's perfect for everyday use and great for the trunk. DD wasn't a big stroller sleeper before a year so we never felt like we needed more than the 1 position recline and she never missed the footrest. We have used the stroller a number of times in the airport, on mass transit trains in LA, and Boston and have never once had a problem with it. It's also great for theme parks; we use it at Disney each time we go. It made me a Maclaren lover from the first time I used it.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Actually I'm considering Fuego if I got the Chicco, but haven't seen it IRL. I'm wondering if the red is orangish red (which I would hate) or red like on the Starlet. Anyone seen one IRL and know?
    I've seen the Fuego IRL, and it's aptly named. Definitely an orangey red. Not bright orange, but not a true red either. It's very, very bright. I've never seen the Starlet, so I can't really compare the two.

I have the Liteway in Topazio and I've been really happy with it. I wish I could tell you about abuse and durability, but I've had it less than a year and it's most often used indoors. You can certainly hang a diaper bag off the back and it won't tip over, even if it's unoccupied.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Seriously love my Triumph. It was DD1's main stroller until really now (she just turned 4, we have a newborn, and got a Bob). It's perfect for everyday use and great for the trunk. DD wasn't a big stroller sleeper before a year so we never felt like we needed more than the 1 position recline and she never missed the footrest. We have used the stroller a number of times in the airport, on mass transit trains in LA, and Boston and have never once had a problem with it. It's also great for theme parks; we use it at Disney each time we go. It made me a Maclaren lover from the first time I used it.
    Quick question for AnnieW-

After having both the Triumph and the XLR, which do you like more? I have the 2010 Vista, and I'm looking for a lightweight stroller. I was debating between the XLR or Bee+, but some people mentioned the Triumph/Quest. Which would you recommend? TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by bw52 View Post
    Oh. I guess I was looking at the shipping weight! Oops!

I considered the Trip, but haven't been able to see it IRL and it looks like it's too expensive. I was trying to stay under $100 and have slowly inched my way to $130 for a Triumph, but can't pay close to $200.

In case this stroller "walked off" at disney, I can't afford to be out that much. Or well, I would prob just not be able to be able to replace it and have to deal with no lightweight stroller or a long while.
    Do you live anywhere near a buy buy baby? They carry all those strollers in store (the trip/swift, triumph, and liteway). I believe you can often find a swift (basically falls between a triumph and a quest) for less than $100 on Amazon (and you can have diapers.com pricematch and get 10% back from bing
    Last edited by poohbear; 05-24-2010 at 07:15 PM.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i wish this decision wasn't so hard! i have spent hours on this and yet i'm no closer to making a decision.

we don't have a BBB near me and there aren't any stores that have all of these strollers. maybe i'm wrong though - is there anywhere in la with all of these strollers?

I don't know about stores in LA - you can go to each manufacturer's website and look for B&M stores that sell the strollers near you. Or you could always order your top ones from diapers.com and return whatever you don't want- free shipping both ways - gotta love diapers.com!!!

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    I don't know about stores in LA - you can go to each manufacturer's website and look for B&M stores that sell the strollers near you. Or you could always order your top ones from diapers.com and return whatever you don't want- free shipping both ways - gotta love diapers.com!!!
    seriously - that is awesome! i may do that.

Quote Originally Posted by theriviera View Post
    seriously - that is awesome! i may do that.
    Just make sure that if you do that, you DO NOT take the strollers outside. Diapers.com requires that items be returned in new condition, which means you need to pack them back up in the box unused and taped up nice and pretty. (in the house is fine - think of it like shoes - can wear 'em around the house to see if they're comfortable, but once they step outside, you can't return 'em). They'll email you a label to print and you can schedule a pickup or drop it off. Easy peasy! Love love love diapers.com
    And if it's your first order, you can use MAY15 for 15% off. Even if not, use bing for 10% back!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast