Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default What's with girl sandals?

Last year I bought DD the most adorable closed toe sandals. They went with everything and she wore them to death. This year I want to find teh same thing, but lo and behold she has jumped from baby to toddler and the sandals are either rugged/athletic and closed toe (like Keens) or girly-girly and open toe. I went to every store in the mall I could think of yesterday and couldn't find a single pair that fit the bill. Now I am online and although I am seeing the odd pair of fisherman style sandals, the overwhelming majority are still open toe. She is a size 9-9.5. I should point out that in the big shoes tore here, there were nearly 30 pairs of boys sandals that were cute, closed toe, etc.

Help!

PS - these are the current version of the one she had last year (in pink and lime). They only go to 8:

http://www.jumping-jacks.com/brands/.../sand-dollar-1

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD wore a pair last summer (size 8.5) they were Rachel brand. DN got some from Target this year. She wears a 9 or 10. They were white with pink butterflies I think.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes, yes, yes!!! Having the exact same problem and I have been on a quest - I have ordered, and returned, what feels like a million pairs of sandals so far this year, trying to find something that works. Want something cute and at least a bit girly but comfortable and suited for play so wanted a closed toe and back. I also find that with open toe/back, even a sports style, she sloshes around too much to be stable for play. She has a pretty narrow ankle area even though the rest of her foot is normal width. It's been impossible so far, so hoping someone has some good suggestions.

DD is still in an 8 so maybe I'll try the ones your DD was in last year, Piglet - how did they run?
    Last edited by Minnifer; 05-25-2010 at 12:12 PM.
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Sorry, I should have specified, I need velcro closures. DD doesn't sit still long enough for me to fiddle with buckles, LOL!

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Minnifer View Post
    Yes, yes, yes!!! Having the exact same problem and I have been on a quest - I have ordered, and returned, what feels like a million pairs of sandals so far this year, trying to find something that works. Want something cute and at least a bit girly but comfortable and suited for play so wanted a closed toe and back. I also find that with open toe/back, even a sports style, she sloshes around too much to be stable for play. She has a pretty narrow ankle area even though the rest of her foot is normal width. It's been impossible so far, so hoping someone has some good suggestions.

DD is still in an 8 so maybe I'll try the ones your DD was in last year, Piglet - how did they run?
    DD has wide feet, so possibly they wouldn't be as good for your DD. Last year we found ours at a local mom and pop shoes store and we were SO thrilled with all the kids sandals. This year we live in a different city (and country), so no luck.

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How about these from stride rite? http://www.striderite.com/shopping/p...460&sColor=612

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Any reason to not just buy "boy" sandals? If they're cute and closed toe, why not?
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've always had good luck with the Nimi sandals. DD has something similar to these for this year in a size 9.5
    http://www.minibelshoes.com/showcase...D=EMERALD%2DS8

I get them from a small local store, but I know that The Shoe Company here in Toronto also sells them.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast