Default Help with Crib Mattress - Single Firmness or Dual?

Looking at purchasing the Little Dreamer mattress by Midnight Slumber but unsure of the usefulness or need for a dual sided (infant then toddler) or a single firmness one.

Any mommas out there can help me out with their opinions. Is dual needed or not necessary?

While I am not familiar with the specific brand/ model of mattress you mention, this is an increasingly common feature.

The concept of a dual firmness mattress seems to have originated when the first convertible cribs hit the market about 15 years ago. When you think of a convertible, you probably think about one which may be used as a full/ double bed. However, these models also happened to be some of the first to convert to toddler beds (as an intermediate stage). The selling point for the mattress is that this type of crib is capable of being used for a longer duration and should have a mattress that is equally up to the task. A dual firmness mattress is often reinforced on the toddler side, giving both additional support as well as the promise of being a more durable product. Curiously, some companies such as Naturepedic prescribe a softer sleeping surface for the toddler than the baby. Presumably this is based on the premise that 'firmer is safer' for infants, but I digress.

Is this feature a must-have? Certainly not.
    Is it useful? I tend to think it is. A child may triple or even quadruple her weight before outgrowing a crib so 'adjustability' of the mattress firmness is at least theoretically a great idea.

If your budget allows, you have a decision to make. If not, forget about it and sleep well because it's not the end of the world.