Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs down Pali Renee Crib Recall?

For the second time in two years the slats on the Pali Renee crib have all but fallen out (harnging on by a thread in the middle under the mattress and making a loud noise whenever my baby moves. I had to get a replacement wooden piece last year and it was fine for awhile but now the same thing is happening again. No one at customer service has responded. All you can find is an email and they don't respond.

This is very unsafe for a child and I highlighted that in my correspondence. I am very sorry I paid $700 for this crib. My older sister paid much less and hasn't had a single problem with her daughter's crib. I will not recommend Pali. I originally purchased because of the high marks in Baby Bargains. I think that ranking should be reconsidered with the horrible customer service and lack of attention to major safety issues. ** Two separate professionals installed the part both times so assembly is not an issue. I have alerted the store I purchased this from about the horrible Pali service and also about the recall concern of this model.

Have you reported this to the US consumer product safety commission? If not, please do.

Catherine

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yikes! Here's the link:

http://www.cpsc.gov/talk.html
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Default Reported problem

Thanks for the link! I went ahead and filed a complaint and detailed all of the problems. Hopefully something will be done. The slats aren't glued or nailed in so I imagine I'm not the first to have this terrible problem! I appreciate your help!

Default Pali customer service

I have a Jennifer crib I purchased several years ago. My husband and I moved to Florida and themoving company broke the drop rail on our crib. I called Pali and got voice mail. I left a message and they called me back in about an hour. They sent me a new drop rail at a fair price (I charged back the movers). I found the service very good and I absolutely love my crib. All of my girl friends like it and my sister just purchased a Pali room for her yet to be born son.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Catherine

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Glad you reported that issue. Scary!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

After reading your post I called my cousin, because he has a Pali Renee natural wood crib that he bought in 2001, and told him to look it over for the problems you described and he said there's nothing at all wrong with his crib or slats. He said he pulled and tugged on all the parts but said it was a strong and sturdy as the day it was bought for their first.

We bought our Pali because we first saw it in their nursery, and pretty much everyone in our family has bought Pali because the quality is so good and they have never had a recall in all their years in business.

The number I have that we called when we needed a part for our crib is 514-421-0309 and I used ext. 109 and got someone in customer service that was really helpful.

Good luck!

Default Pali Called!!

Thanks so much! Funny thing is that is the exact # and extention that called me about an hour ago. The store I bought it from (Babies N Beds in Elmhurst IL - a terrific place with great employees) called them again on my behalf. The rep was very nice and found me the part I needed. I'm really hoping this won't happen again. She said they will quality check it to make sure it's fine. It is made in Italy.

I'm glad to hear that your brother hasn't had any issues. I am hoping we're the only ones, but I wanted to mention in case anyone else had the same issue. My daughter is so little (6 months and only 17 lbs) so I can't imagine weight is causing it!

Default Pali crib question!

Since you all have experience with Pali cribs, I am wondering, did you buy your mattress from the same store as the crib? My mother in law ordered me a Pali set, and I realized that the crib isn't "standard" size.

Also, if the mattress is bigger, is there a problem with fitted sheets fitting properly???

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast