Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Is this an option over having the drops that mean you're very sensitive to sunlight afterwards???

I might opt for this if it was offered, as I can't drive safely after the drops, and it's very difficult to schedule appt. so DH can be there to drive...

Beth - ask how much extra for the exam. How often do you need to do it etc.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Thanks all. I ended up doing it. I didn't realize that it would keep me from having to get my eyes dilated, which would almost be worth the $27 alone.

The tech said my pressures are a little high and so they would highly recommend it. But it is very much a "do you want fries with that" kind of office, so I am glad that there is some consensus for doing it.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

I can't remember how much more I paid to have it done 3 yrs ago when I started with a new eye doc, but according to my doc, once he circled various "spots to watch" on my retinas, my vision insurance covers the recheck.

ITA agree that it as long as they are not charging much extra, it is totally worth not getting those eyes dilated!
    S
    DD 6/06
    DS 5/09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2