Thread: Uniform shirts

tiapam is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Uniform shirts

DD will be starting K and has to wear navy bottoms and a white shirt. So far I bought a couple of skorts from Lands End. I am wondering if I should just get plain white polos for the tops so DS could hopefully wear them when he goes. WDYT, does anyone use DDs shirts for younger DS? I know I would need to stay away from puffy sleeves and peter pan collars, but anything else to consider? TIA. Also, I don't think the shirt even has to have a collar.
    -Pam

DD: 6 YO
    DS: 3 YO

DS can wear dark blue, light blue, and white. The white was a nightmare!! Maybe it was just my DS but he would constantly come home with stains whenever he wore his whites. Even the light blue would stain. The worst was in December on hot cocoa days. Anyway, this year I plan to buy mostly dark blue, with maybe 1-2 light blues. I'll only buy white if I find some in good condition at the used uniform sale that's coming up.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Target has uniform shorts and dresses and we had good luck with their stuff last year. The good thing is that if it gets stained it is cheap to replace. The nice thing about white - bleach!

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The girl polos really are often cut in a way that makes them "girly" so people I know with a dd then ds have been buying all new shirts for ds.

Beth

I love peter pan collars too much to do that but I wouldn't bother considering the 4 year age difference. My DD had 4-5 white shirts from Gymbo this past year and even only wearing them 2x/wk they were worn enough to look beat. I can't imagine storing them for 4 years and putting them on another DC. I ended up giving them away for use as a backpack extra.

FWIW, I always hung them to dry and only bleach once or twice.
    Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
    --Moses Maimonides

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My dd started wearing uniforms in 1st grade. A jumper that has to be bought from a specific company & any solid shirt (until 5th grade- when she has to start wearing oxford blouses). I buy her shirts either from gap (they have great crew neck short sleeve, long sleeve shirts & also polos) or from lands end (I just got a uniform catalog in the mail & they have very nice offerings.)

tiapam is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks everyone. It's just a three year age difference as DS just turned two. I might try buying boy's polos for DD and see how that goes. The peter pan collars are so cute though...

For now I think I will try to stick to Lands End, as they are always returnable and they stand behind their stuff. We have outlets here, too, so I can sometimes find good deals in the store.
    -Pam

DD: 6 YO
    DS: 3 YO

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

btw, ON has short& long sleeve, crew neck tees for $4-6. Just thought I'd share. They also have long & short sleeve polos.
    Last edited by swissair81; 07-06-2010 at 08:03 PM.