Default Banning Music on my Iphone?

So I like all kinds of music but Ive been careful on what's on my iPhone cause the kids play with it and listen to music. Eminem is not present on there. The most questionable is Lady Gaga which they love hey she's catchy me too ! But my DH is telling me to can her. I thought I'd be able to passcode protect by blocking explicit music but it's not screening her. So is this valid and should I be expected to remove it or would u be ok with your kids listening to her CDs?
    Jen

Emily 5/19/05
    Katie 8/14/07
    Chase 10/31/12

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have 0 problem with questionable lyrics and kids, to be honest. I don't listen to anything hardcore, the worst is Eminem, though there are occasional songs that I might think twice about having on certain playlists. Really though, the things that make the songs possibly too explicit are absolutely lost on a kid. Slang, innuendo, euphemisms...my child doesn't know what they are referring to. I can't see how if they can't know what the song is about how it is bad for them. That's my take on it all. If something comes up that makes me worry that they are getting more out of the music than a catchy tune I will reevaluate. For a 5yo, like in your case? It wouldn't even be on my list of concerns.

eta- why not set up playlists for when the kids are around?

Beth

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I think your DH's point is legitimate enough that I'd respect his wishes. If it was reversed - if, say, he was using language I disapproved of in front of a 5 year old and I asked him to stop - I'd hope he'd do so.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5