Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jess_g is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Should I list my sons train table for free on craigslist? UPDATE

My dh has put it ouside already and it needs a good cleaning and some of the tracks are broken but it would still make a good toy for a child. Should I list it for free on craigslist? Or just leave it for the trash man to take on Tuesday? And how do you give out your address so someone from craigslit can find it? Do you let people contact you via email and then email them your address? Can you tell I have never sold anything on craigslist before.

UPDATE:
    Its gone! It only took about 1 day for someone to take it and we live on a side street that is very hard to find. I listed it under "baby and kids" and under "free" and left it in the yard with a free sign on it. I will defenitly list other items we are going to throw away like this too. It was so easy and I am glad it has a new home.

Thanks for all the advice,

Jessica.

Jessica
    Last edited by jess_g; 07-04-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: added update

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I haven't tried CL either. We were, however, thinking of taking our old entertainment center to the curb a day before trash day with a "free" tag on it. I know that people dumpster dive around here. heck, I almost took he patio set my neighbors put out a few years back. I wanted to wait till it was dark. By that time it was already gone. Guess some people have no shame dumpster diving. Since it's out there, why not put a "free" sign on it and see if goes today. If not, go with Freecycle or CL.

Beth

Thanks, I should have added in the original post that we are in the smallest side street ever and no one would find us wihtout mapquest and an address. I will put a free sign on it but I don't anyone would see it.

Jessica.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I used to put things out with a free sign at the nearest intersection (sometimes with a pic, sometimes not) and just list the intersection it was at. So "Free Train Table at the corner of 1st and Main, off of Springer Wy"
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just recently saw a train table listed as free on craigslist. It is worth a try.

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You could also post it on Freecycle.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

curb alert it with your address. you dont even have to ay it is your house. Just that you saw it and when trash day is so come get it.
    Shannon

thanks everyone. I listed it, now I just have to wait and see if anyone comes to pick it up. If this works I will list a few other things for free too.

Jessica.

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jess_g View Post
    thanks everyone. I listed it, now I just have to wait and see if anyone comes to pick it up. If this works I will list a few other things for free too.

Jessica.
    Keep us updated. I've been thinking of doing a "curb alert" for a few things but I too live on a side street. I hope people who are interested will use mapquest or Google to figure out the address. It seems strange to me to give out my address, but you're not posting any other info (name, phone #, etc) so I'm not sure how this is risky.

I would think a train table would be popular enough people would seek it out.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

I've done that with lots of things and my stuff has always disappeared and nothing bad has ever happened. Hope someone picks it up!

Catherine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast