Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kohl's cash: If i return after I spend it, how does that work?

Do they just deduct $10 off my credit for my returns? Or does the store chalk it up as a loss?
    Thanks.
    Mom to DD 7/06, DS1 8/08 & DS2 9/11!

I redeemed a bunch of kohl's cash, then ended up returning some of the items purchased that had earned that cash and there was no impact or adjustment made.
    Cathleen
    Mom to DS 8, DD 5 and a Greyhound Princess

I've returned items after I was spent the Kohl's cash. I could chose instore credit and keep the full amount or take a credit card refund minus the kohl's cash that was spent.
    SweetGirl - May 2009
    LittleGuy - Oct 2011

Stroller line-up - Micralite FF Superlite, Britax B-Ready with second seat, Chariot Cougar 2
    Oh, and a Graco Quattro Tour that I need to find to sell.

maiaann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ElspethCordelia View Post
    I've returned items after I was spent the Kohl's cash. I could chose instore credit and keep the full amount or take a credit card refund minus the kohl's cash that was spent.

If you want a refund in the form of cash or credit (however you paid), the Kohls cash value is deducted from your return. If you don't mind a merchandise voucher, you get the entire amount refunded to you in store credit.
    DD1 10/01
    DD2 02/07
    DD3 07/09

Although if your original purchase (that earned the kohls cash) was say $67 and you return a $14 item, you don't lose anything because you are still at the $50 mark. I found it amazing that the registers keep track of all that.

mariza is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I don't think they care. I earned $10 the other day, brought everything home and hated the way they looked. Brought everything back to the store the next day and even handed the woman my $10 Kohls cash saying "I guess I have to give this up". She told me, "Kohls Cash earnings ends tomorrow so if you wait a day to return these items, you get to keep your Kohls Cash". I was flabergasted, but happy so I thanked her and took my stuff back. I will be returning it today and using my $10 Kohls cash for a pair of Skechers DD wants
    Monkey See (DD) 01/05
    Monkey Do (DS) 09/06

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mariza View Post
    I don't think they care. I earned $10 the other day, brought everything home and hated the way they looked. Brought everything back to the store the next day and even handed the woman my $10 Kohls cash saying "I guess I have to give this up". She told me, "Kohls Cash earnings ends tomorrow so if you wait a day to return these items, you get to keep your Kohls Cash". I was flabergasted, but happy so I thanked her and took my stuff back. I will be returning it today and using my $10 Kohls cash for a pair of Skechers DD wants
    I'll have to remember this for next time. I had gotten Kohls cash about a month ago and returned a bunch of stuff the next day. Well, I actually needed to exchange, but didn't think about losing the cash, so I just returned. I went to buy my new stuff and use the cash and the guy told me I couldn't use it because I had returned too much- so it voided out the $20 I had earned. I was so mad because if I had just exchanged my stuff I would have been fine. Next time I'll just wait it out!

if you make a purchase that earns Kohls cash, wait until after the corresponding redemption period to return the items and you should not lose any earned Kohls cash. If you return it to soon, they will make you lose the earned Kohls cash. Sometimes even after waiting that long, you may have to take store credit not to lose it.

If you make a purchase using Kohls cash, you can return it at any time, but in order to not lose the Kohls cash, you will have to take a return merchandise credit (store credit)

The customer service people at my store know me well. I always shop there and I return lots of stuff. I tend to order stuff online so I can try it on at home as I have time, then I return whatever doesn't work.