Default How long in Keyfit 30?

My twins are almost 15 months old and in Chicco Keyfit 30's. They are in the 2nd from the top slot for the straps and I checked today and the top slot is still higher than their shoulders. My boy was 22 pounds about a week ago. So, any idea on how much longer they'll fit in these seats?

My older two were in convertibles by 7-8 months old because they were clearly unhappy in their infant seat & they were about to outgrow their Snugrides, but the twins seem fine in their Keyfits. I can't carry them around anymore (tendonitis in my shoulder, etc.), but if they fall asleep in the car, I will carry in the infant seat then. Sometimes I pick up one of my older kids' friends, so I will then remove the infant seat in order for the kid to get to the back of the van (my kids just have to crawl under the infant seat) or for me to get back to strap whoever.

Anyway, I'm basically asking because BRU has their trade-in event now and if I found one other item to trade in, I could have 25% of two carseats plus the twins discount of 10%, so I'm wondering if I should take advantage of that now for a couple Britaxes or will I be able to make it until the next time?

Thanks,
    Tanya

Anyone? Do you think they'll make it until August/September in the Keyfits?

Does BRU take siderails as part of the trade in? My 2nd daughter's Marathon doesn't expire until November.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Where are their heads in relation to the shell? If they are within 1" when measured with a ruler perpendicular to the shell it's time to move them to a convertible.

DS2 outgrew his Keyfit 30 at just 9 1/2 months and 19lbs, but he's really tall with a tall torso (I had to move up the straps to the second slot at birth)! I was so bummed he didn't make it to a year.

I'd probably just go ahead and buy the convertibles now.

Here's some pics of DS2 on his last day in his Keyfit 30 at 9 1/2 months old.

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

My son outgrew his Keyfit by 9/10 months old. The 30" max height gets my littles every time.

Thanks! I'd forgotten about the 1" from top of head rule and was just watching the shoulder strap slots. It's hard to tell with the canopy on, but they definitely still have more than 1", but not a lot. I was worried about making it until the next Britax sale, so I went ahead and order a couple BLVD. BRU didn't have the pattern I wanted to look at for about 6 years, so I didn't do the trade-in event after all.

I guess we're lucky we made it past 15 months in the Keyfits.