Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default the most obnoxious invention ever

..are those stupid shoes for babies/kids that let out a LOUD squeak every.single.time the kid takes a step.

we were in Babies R Us and a toddler in the store had these on and she was walking, jumping and running around the store. now the fact that she was jumping/walking/running around or what didn't bother me in the least... heck, i would have preferred she was doing that and shrieking/yelling for all i care. because NOTHING is more annoying that trying to shop for baby food and not being able to hear yourself think because all you can hear is

SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAKITY SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAKSQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAKITY SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAKITY SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK

i moved away eventually but i could still hear it half way across the store (no exaggeration). this went on for i don't know how long (maybe just 10 minutes, but seemed like forever) OMG. i did not know such a thing existed.... who comes up with these things???? i guess the idea of it sounds like it be fun for the baby/kid wearing them, but IMO, why would you have your kid wear these in a public place?? i wonder if these are allowed at daycares..i cannot imagine working at a daycare and having to listen to this squeaking all day long!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 07-25-2010 at 06:49 PM.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Friends of mine have these for their toddlers. They've told me the squeakers can be taken out. Both my friends told me their toddlers ASKED them to take the squeakers out. So, I guess it's not just the adults that are annoyed by those things!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Friends of mine have these for their toddlers. They've told me the squeakers can be taken out. Both my friends told me their toddlers ASKED them to take the squeakers out. So, I guess it's not just the adults that are annoyed by those things!
    haha yeah i can see that! my ds already gets a bit miffed (starts blinking etc) when he hears clapping or certain sounds, not sure he'd be a fan either!

my nephew as toddler had a pair of those sneakers that had those flashing lights on the bottom and i used to think that was a tad migraine-inducing, but now it think that compared to squeaking shoes, i'd take the flashing lights anyday!!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    my nephew as toddler had a pair of those sneakers that had those flashing lights on the bottom and i used to think that was a tad migraine-inducing, but now it think that compared to squeaking shoes, i'd take the flashing lights anyday!!
    The flashing light shoes are nothing compared to the rumble and crash/flashing light shoes worn to my K class by a deaf child who also had ADHD. WE all had to hear his crazy active feet, while he sat there in silence. Wow. After one day, I had to call his mom. My eyes were bugging out of my head.

We had those for ds. Where's the bag over head smiley? In our defense he already had a pair from the orphanage when we adopted him and he loved them. And we only had him wear them outside and only while he was learning to walk well when he could run, we didn't do them anymore.

Catherine

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I squeaker shoes. They are soft leather, super cute and relatively inexpensive. But they even annoy me and I take the squeakers out.

I loved them for shopping because when DD would disappear I could echo-locate her. She wasn't a runner but she'd just *poof* vanish. I usually used only one squeaker for shopping.

Also, they are helpful if you have a toe walker. The squeakies only work if the child walks heel to toe, so they also help promote proper walking.

SORRY!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Twins + me + crowded park= I squeaker shoes.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I gotta say I loved my son's squeakers. They were soft and flexible, cute and only 20 bucks. I did take the squeaker part out from time to time though.
    Mama to 3

The joy in my toddlers eyes when she wears her squeaky shoes makes it worth any annoyance.

we got them in Taiwan when we adopted her, and now she brings them to us and wants them on and it's just precious to watch.

I wouldn't let her wear them in public though.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post

SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAKITY SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAKSQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAKITY SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAKITY SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK
    I also don't like those squeakity squeak shoes! However, DD isn't really mobile yet, so I may end up changing my position on these shoes if DD is a "runner!"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast