niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Patio furniture covers

We're in SoCal and the patio furniture gets covered in black soot from our oh so clean air. We keep the cushions in the garage and put them out each time, but we have to clean off the glass top table before we can use it.

I'm looking for a cover with hole for umbrella, as the umbrellas is up all year round - the only one I've found is $100 - so not going to buy that. I thought maybe I could buy a vinyl/plastic round table cloth, and cut a hole/slit. I can put something on the table to hold it in place. Maybe oilcloth would be better than vinyl/plastic? Canvas or some fabric that breathes could also work. I don't have to worry about snow, but high temperatures - the umbrella is up, so there is shade.

I might buy chair covers to keep the chair frames clean.

I am worried about any mositure or mildew. Granted, we don't get a lot of rain, and I can take them off to dry after the 20 days/year of rain we get. They might get a little wet from the sprinklers, but I can try to minimize that by adjusting the sprinkler heads - and with the current temperatures, mold won't grow.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. I think we would use the outdoor set more if we didn't have to clean it before each use.

THanks.
    Last edited by niccig; 07-31-2010 at 10:54 PM.

We bought one at Sears that fits over our table and chairs (rectangular set w/ 6 chairs). Only issue we've really had is that it sometimes blows off when it's windy, so DH has had to tie it down. I think it was right around $30.

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Thanks. I'll check Sears out. I did fine an outdoor/indoor tablecloth at BBB that has hole/zipper online. We don't get really bad weather, so it's more about keeping the soot from the air off it.