Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Baby wipes- airport security (stuipd question)

Hi,

Stupid question.

Are there any restrictions to bringing baby wipes on a plane?
    I mean, they are wet, but not liquid. I wanted to bring a normal pack with me.

I canīt find any info on it, so Iīm guessing that means itīs OK, but thought one of you would know for sure!

Thanks!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bring wet wipes all the time. You should be fine.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    I bring wet wipes all the time. You should be fine.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've flown a lot and always had a pack of wipes in the diaper bag, I never even thougth about it, I've never had a problem with them.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't think there is any such thing as a stupid question when it comes to going through airport security!

I've traveled with wipes, no questions asked!

Smile

No restrictions on wipes.
    Mom, Wife and Finder of lost items
    AP-er, Breastfeeder, Babywearing, No Circ Mama

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wipes have been fine for us. Just don't bring Desitin.

Thanks!

Can you tell Iīm going to be flying for the first time with a baby?

Things that I never thought of before, now keep me awake at night. Or maybe thatīs just the teething baby... sigh.

Thanks again!

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I remember being super stressed about flying for the first time with DS. So confused about how it would all work logistically. The best advice I have is just to ask all the questions you have about how it will all work, so you'll feel more relaxed when you have to do it.

It honestly isn't that bad at all. bring lots of ziplocs, and some absorbent towel/blanket things. The worst flying experience I have had with DS was that his fresh disposable diaper (we're used to cloth) leaked on my lap during taxi & takeoff. Ugh. I had to sit in tinkle for a good 1/2 hour.

Also, of the 12 different planes I've been on only one or two have actually had changing tables. Seriously. Don't expect one on the plane. Ask immediately as you are boarding if they have one on board and where it is located. You'll want to know. And as was suggested here, make sure to take a change of clothes for yourself. I thought just a shirt was fine for me, but pants would have been nice.

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

When my kids were in diapers, I used to make little diaper bundles before I got on a plane with them. I'd put a few little bundles in the outside pocket of my diaper bag so I could grab the changing pad, and go with my kid and a bundle (it's true, most planes don't have changing tables...just use the floor in a "quiet" area).

Diaper bundle includes:

Inside a Ziplock - 1 diaper, 3 or 4 wipes in another baggie, a paper changing pad.

When done, I place the dirty diaper in the Ziplock and throw it away. This way the whole plane doesn't have to smell the diaper. I like the bundles so I didn't have to take the whole diaper bag to the changing area (which was sometimes my lap).

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast