Thread: Puerto Rico???

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Puerto Rico???

We are invited to a wedding in San Juan, Puerto Rico in late September. DD (will be 30 mos old) is invited too. I am thinking of going down with DD a few days early (Weds) and staying through Sunday. DH would join me Thursday night.

Does this seem crazy?
    I have not been to PR before....will there be stuff for us to do?
    The hotel is right on the beach, it seems, but I like to have other activities as well for DD.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

I love PR, but have not been in a while. I was single, and childless when I went.

I'd check to see what types of things the hotel has (kids' programs, playground anything like that). But, your DC may just have fun playing at the beach.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think it's a great idea! We are actually thinking about doing a PR/St John trip in December. You can always take DD to El Moro (I think that's the name)...it's the famous fort. PR is a fun place just to walk around and look at things....

Check out LonelyPlanet.com. It might have some more ideas of what to do with a little one!

Have fun!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

haven't been to PR in almost 12 years but we stayed there for a few nights after our honeymoon cruise and it was wonderful! You can go to Old San Juan and explore. The beach and a pool would probably be enough for your little one but you can find other things to do I'm sure!

http://gopuertorico.about.com/od/top...FriendlyPR.htm

http://www.thefamilytravelfiles.com/ezine/articles/1/

Where are you staying? Will you have a car? We have family in PR so we go at least a couple of times a year. Old San Juan is great for walking around, they have shops, restaurants, museums. You probably do not want to be going to places far from where you are staying; traffic in San Juan is bad.
    Marti

DS 04/05 and DD 01/07

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I grew up in PR and we visit several times a year. You are not crazy at all. My kids love spending time at the beach and/or pool. Where are you staying, Condado or Isla Verde? As others have suggested you can go to Old San Juan. There is a playground near el Morro where you could take your DS. Also, there are a ton of great restaurants. There are many in Fortaleza Street - my kids really like Parrot Club. There are also a couple of restaurants in San Sebastian Street and La Calle del Cristo(closer to El Morro).

If you are staying in Condado, there is a great little plaza with a playground that you could probably walk to. It's called La Placita del Condado and it is bordered by Luchetti, Magdalena and Cervantes Street.

There is also a children's museum in Old San Juan, off La Calle del Cristo. It's not great, but my kids liked it, and it has a cute toddler play area.

If you are leaving the San Juan area, you do need to be mindful of traffic. Things can get crazy during rush hour.

Have fun!