Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by larig View Post
    Also, of the 12 different planes I've been on only one or two have actually had changing tables. Seriously. Don't expect one on the plane. Ask immediately as you are boarding if they have one on board and where it is located. You'll want to know. And as was suggested here, make sure to take a change of clothes for yourself. I thought just a shirt was fine for me, but pants would have been nice.
    Oh yeah, even if there is one sometimes the bathroom is too gross to even consider. I hate changing a baby on the seat of a plane but sometimes (with changing pad underneath) it's necessary, especially for a wet dipe that can be done discretely. Once the flight attendants were very sweet and let me change DD on the floor by the exit door in the back. Not ideal either but better for a poopy diaper than by my seatmate!

And agree with PP that there are no stupid questions when it comes to airport security! the rules seem to keep changing so I never can remember whether I can bring lip gloss or not!

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had baby wipes, Wet Ones type antibacterial wipes in packages, and a small package of Method wipes (for cleaning table surfaces etc). DD has food allergies and I wiped down the entire area. Including the tray table, even the seat (leather), arm rest and wall since I was worried about her touching peanut/nut residue.

She was 5 at the time and they didn't have any issue with any of these wipes, thank goodness! This was just this year.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The only restrictions are on actual liquids and gels. Think materials that could be mixed together to make an explosive. So applesauce and yogurt would be an issue, but not wipes.

The best thing you can do when flying with children is get to the airport early and leave plenty of time to get through security. Not being in a hurry cuts way down on the stress level. I would rather sit at the gate for an hour than be in a rush.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Thanks

We are flying internationally, so according to seat guru there is a changing table. But later on, we will be flying inside the USA and Im pretty sure that there will be NO changing tables avail.

My friend told me that when she attempted to change her son in a normal airplane bathroom (he must have been 1) he peed all over the side of the wall, so Ill def be bringing lots of wipes.. you never know!

Thanks for the tips, the diaper bundles are a great idea!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2