lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default More help in avoiding Bag-o-Crap

Can any of you creative momma's help me plan a goodie bag for an 8 year old boy birthday party? It's a Star Wars / Clone Wars party, and the only favor that I have so far is a Lego SW keychain for each child (thanks to a deal posted here, I got them for 99 cents each). I also have some SW pencils that I could include. But, nothing else really comes to mind. Any ideas on what else to add, or how to give out the goodies beyond just a plastic baggie? TIA

logan's mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Could you put the goodies in a plastic cup like this one:
    http://www.mytoybox.com/star-wars-16...astic-cup.html

Then it would be something they could use.

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

For DS1s last b-day he gave out Star Wars buildables, which is like a pack of trading cards with plastic punch-out cards to build various Star Wars ships. They can build 5 or so mini-ships with each pack. Target usually has them.

My kids love these and regular trading cards, but they may be considered junky to most people. I have given them away as favors and I get them from ebay cheaper than in the stores. There are also Star Wars easy readers and Mad Libs, which are $3 or $4 each. I have found that what the kids like is very different from what I would choose so I tend to let them pick. (For DS2s recent Mario/Sonic birthday we gave out Mario trading cards, Sonic stickers, and homemade chocolate lollipops).
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We made balloon light sabers last time. Very easy and they have a flashlight to go home with them. I bought a 10 pack of LED flashlights at HomeDepot for $10, a roll of duct tape ($3?), cardboard tube from wrapping paper (free) and a pack of animal twisty balloons ($1.79). Directions here, though we used a more traditional flashlight: http://www.filthwizardry.com/2010/01...ghtsabres.html

ETA: I know the HD link says 'online only', but I was able to buy them instore earlier this year. I also had silver and black duct tape already, so I just bought a roll of red and coordinated with the flashlight color. I think it would look fine to use just one color if you didn't want to buy three colors of tape.
    Last edited by o_mom; 08-18-2010 at 02:09 PM.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)