View Poll Results: How did you meet your spouse?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Childhood/family friend

4 1.79%
  • Grade school

3 1.35%
  • High school

18 8.07%
  • College

50 22.42%
  • Graduate school

21 9.42%
  • Work

20 8.97%
  • Mutual friends

32 14.35%
  • Party

11 4.93%
  • Blind date/set-up

9 4.04%
  • Online/newspaper ad

28 12.56%
  • Other

27 12.11%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Just for fun: how did you meet your spouse/partner?

WtG's thread about meeting her DH on match.com made me think about how met my DH (at a party we both attended with different dates!). So how did you meet your SO?

ETA: if your SO and you went to college together but actually met at a party, select college - this sorta goes chronologically, if you didn't notice already!

ETA again: sorry for the lame/confusing categories but it's not easy composing a poll on your iPhone with one hand while nursing! These are awesome stories - thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by citymama; 08-07-2010 at 01:24 AM.

for Sandy Hook

SpaceGal is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I met DH first day of college...well moving in that is. He was roommate with a friend of my roommates during orientation. My roommate was the "it" girl so I just figured DH was like the other guys and wanted a piece of her when he was hanging out with us so much. Boy was I surprised when he told me he was into me.

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I voted "mutual friends" but that's not totally accurate. I was friends with his younger sister and she invited me to come to a party that he was throwing at his house because she wanted us to meet. Kinda cool because now my friend is also my sister-in-law!
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've posted our unusual story before, but I'm happy to do it again.

DH and I met our freshman year of high school. We were high school sweethearts that broke up our freshman year of college. He joined the Army. I graduated from college and got married and had DS1. I got a divorce. We kept in contact once in a while, especially after 9/11 when I knew he was overseas. He never married.

After not hearing from him for a few years, he emailed me in 2006 and we saw each other in person again for the first time in 15 years. We were married on June 18, 2007, exactly 20 years after our first date.

We could kick ourselves for not finding each other sooner. We are truly soulmates, but I guess it's hard to stick with your soulmate when you meet at 14.

In our 4 years together, we have not been able to live together because of his deployments and being stationed in NC. In less than 6 weeks, he retires and we will be a normal family living under the same roof. I am so excited I can't see straight.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Cam&Clay View Post
    In our 4 years together, we have not been able to live together because of his deployments and being stationed in NC. In less than 6 weeks, he retires and we will be a normal family living under the same roof. I am so excited I can't see straight.
    That is so great!

I met DH in law school. We were together almost 10 years before getting married!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH and I met at work during our college years (different colleges). We had both worked there for years (in a large city hospital), but I floated around the hospital as a nursing student/CNA and he worked on one unit as a PT secretary. I only worked on his floor once for one shift, but that's all it took!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam&Clay View Post
    Oh, I am so happy for you!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH & i met online thru a dating site that was like match.com but was for Boston-area students/alums. i was a grad student, he was an alum of same university. we knew we wanted to get married within months of meeting each other, but waited a while bc i wanted to finish graduate school. we've been together for 5 years, married for almost 3.

I don't really know how to reply because three categories apply:

We met while I was in college/he was in law school (two different schools three hours apart). We were set up by his brother and my roomate, who were dating at the time (so mutual friends/family), but we were actually blind dates.

How's that for confusing?

By the way, we celebrated 10 years of marriage this May...so the first and only blind date I ever went on paid off!
    Last edited by Indianamom2; 08-06-2010 at 09:03 PM.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

I'm not quite sure how to vote.

I was in law school. He was back at college after a stint in the Marine Corps. We lived in the same dorm. We sort of got set up. His RA was a friend of mine and got tired of him saying he was going to ask me out but not actually doing it. So the friend asked if I would go out with this guy. So high school. I said tell him to ask me himself. He did and here we are.

Started dating in Sept. Got engaged in Dec. Got married in May. Been married 14 years now--to the amazement of much of our families. Oh, and the RA/friend was the best man at our wedding.

Catherine

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I voted "other" because we met at a bar....I KNOW, so cliche!!! 13 years later and we are still together.
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast