AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default what tv shows did you watch that you let your kids watch?

The Little House post got me thinking about this. My mom watched the Little House show in the 70s when it first premiered and I watched the reruns in the early to mid 80s (and sometimes now when it's on), and I plan to let my girls watch it to when the time comes.

This morning DD1 didn't want to watch Disney, or Nick Jr. so I turned on Boomerang and she watched the Snorks, and the Smurfs. She has also seen classic Tom & Jerry, Bernstein Bears, and The Simpsons (although we watch this with a close eye and change it whenever Itchy & Scratchy or Krusty the Clown come on or anything remotely off color).
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Speed Racer (that was probably a mistake, but he's moved on); Scooby Doo

DS's fav channel is Boomerang so he's watching all my Saturday morning cartoons now.

DS really is not into live shows yet, prefers animation still. He does occassionally watch Home Improvement with us.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.