Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Baby furniture pricing on Craig's List...

So I finally got around to putting our crib and dresser/changing table on CL. I listed them as a set for $150.

I have gotten three responses that people want to buy just the dresser, how much would I want?

The first person I said $100 and heard nothing back. I don't know what to tell the others... is it wrong to not just split the price down the middle? IMO, it's a pain to keep one to sell alone.

Also as an aside - I wonder if people don't want the crib b/c I called it a drop side, which I KNOW it is not - it slides down when you pull up slightly and lean your knee against it. So what the heck is that called?

That is a drop side.

I sold our baby furniture $75 for the crib, $75 for the changing table, or $140 if they bought both. We got someone to buy both. It was a drop side crib, but this was before all the recalls.

Make sure the pictures are nice. That makes a big difference.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

Oh no, that's a drop side, really?? I thought those were the ones with the top half that folds down, if that makes sense.

Sheesh. I totally did not pay attention to the recalls since we weren't using the crib anymore, and it "wasn't" a drop side.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yeah, it is absolutely a drop side. Very few cribs have flip down hinges. The side sliding down, the whole side, is a drop side crib. Maybe send for the recall kit and relist with that note?

Beth

Ok, I just googled and found out our brand/model was NOT recalled. I may include that in the listing w/the model number and link to the CPSC.

Thanks for straightening me out on this!